3 0

|William|

I've been forced to keep a low profile these last two weeks. Which was good for me at first as it allowed me to just focus on rebuilding myself and not have to worry about what the press were saying while my father cleaned up this entire mess I created and I happen to be at the center of it.

I couldn't resist looking into what the people of the world were saying about me. Majority if the people were very supportive over this entire situation which seemed very hypocritical because these people jumped tot he conclusion that Cassie was to blame. Others weren't so supportive. Expressing their thoughts on the world wide web about what they thought of me. I laughed it off at first, but when you get deeper into your searches. Your mind gets transported to another place and you actually start to believe you're everything these people say.

I don't know what my father came up with, but I was quickly out of most if the headlines by the end of this week. He told me I was no longer allowed any public appearances until the new year which seemed a lifetime away when in reality it was only two weeks away. Two whole weeks. I couldn't handle staying under hotel arrest for that long anymore. I had to get out.

"Sign me up." Lucas smiled with excitement after I explained what I had planned which wasn't thought at as I thought it was.

"Lucas I don't want to get you in trouble." I started packing up my duffle bag. Focusing only on the essentials.

"You're getting on a plane to go get your girl back, who cares if I get in trouble. Its like a romantic movie coming to life." I don't think he understood the whole point of me flying out to NorthBrooks.

"Cassie doesn't want to see me." I murmur, shoving a few warm jacket next to my jeans. "Besides that's not why I'm flying to NorthBrooks."

He crossed his arms. "So you're not flying out to win your girls heart back?"

"No." I sighed before sitting down. "I'm flying out to NorthBrooks because for the first tine in my life I actually felt like I had a home."

"You felt like you had a home in NorthBrooks?" I could tell Lucas wanted to laugh. It sounded ridiculous when he said it out loud.

"You can laugh."

"Nah I think I'm good." He stood up and grabbed a few of my snacks and shoved them into the duffle bag. "I'm still coming with you. I've always wanted to see NorthBrooks."

"No you haven't."

"Well now I do." He crossed his arms. "Besides Angie wouldn't let you go without a trustworthy companion."

"Some part if me thinks she would."

Lucas glared before swinging my duffle bag over his shoulder. I couldn't withstand not allowing him to come in the first place. I needed someone to talk to, keep me sane. Well, Lucas was my best friend. I had to bring him with.

"Is that a smile I see?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Lets go before my father finds out." I quickly walked past him. Swinging my computer case over my neck and onto my shoulder before shutting the door behind us.

"Where do you think you guys are going?" We both froze in our spots. We haven't even gotten three steps out of the hotel room and we've already been caught by Angie.

Lucas turned around first. "Hey Angie," he waved his hand, "you look really nice in that white blazer."

"Shut up."

"Yeah okay." Lucas looked down like a dog that just got scolded. Trying to not make eye contact.

"William care to explain why it looks like you're running away?" I turned around slowly, hoping she'll forget she saw anything if I stalled long enough. She wouldn't budge. I finally looked up and me her eyes.