1 3

|Cassie|

What did I get myself into? I spent the last couple hours reviewing that contract. Going over all the small details since that's what the internet said you should do. Yet once I officially signed it, its like my mind went blank.

I could feel my hand getting sweaty so when William finally let it go when we got to the elevator. I silently sighed in relief.

"So." he finally broke the silence that filled the air. "My room or yours?"

"Excuse me?" I said, taking me by complete shock.

"Well we got an hour until we head to breakfast so I thought maybe we should actually learn stuff about each other." He grins. Like how you lied about your identity?"

"Oh. I guess yours. Probably cleaner than mine right now."

He smiled. "Alright."

When we got to his room, he left me to in first. Probably trying to practice his gentlemen skills before it really counts out in the real world.

He took a seat at his bed and I pulled myself a chair. We just sorta stared at each other until I decided to learn more about what I was getting myself into since the internet didn't really give an actual answer to that question.

"So what are the paparazzi actually like?" I asked since it was the first thing that came to mind.

"Have you ever had a leech stuck on you?"

"Not that I know of."

"Well they are exactly like that. You gotta watch your every move because they could be anywhere." He smiled yet it didn't seem sincere. "I once had one take a pic of me in the shower, my father paid a lot of money to have that one be destroyed."

"Lovely." I said, bitting my lip nervously. "So I should probably never leave my hotel unless I have too after today."

"Yeah." He said softly.

I looked around his room. The curtains were opened wide reveling the city surrounding us. My eyes followed the walls until I spotted the same cover from two weeks ago.

"You actually kept it?"

William turned to see what I was staring at. "Uh yeah."

"Why?" I say kind of rude, "I mean you just don't seem like the reading type."

"And what does the reading type seem like?" He asked with a side smirk.

"Uh. They, uh. I mean they-" I stumbled over my own words. My mind holding my tongue back since I might say something I might regret.

"Of course I kept it. You told me it was the best romance I'll ever read. Just had to make sure you weren't lying."

How? How could someone talk as if they aren't special at all. He seems like this isn't as awkward as it is. There's not one sign of nervousness on his entire face. It's almost inhuman.

"Hey I'm sorry about all this." He breaks the awkward silence. "I didn't know that the paparazzi would find me at that book store, let alone get a picture of us. Then the whole thing with my father wanting you to pretend date me when you obviously probably hate me since I lied, for three months until you break my heart. Pretending to shatter it in a million pieces in front of everyone in the entire world who will probably hate your guts for the rest of your life."

"Well when you put it that way." I grin yet the nerves inside me were triggering.

"I'm serious." He stood up and looked out of the window.