Chapter 1

The Avengers were instructed to get to Central Park. Nick Fury, the head person in the SHIELD project, had been informed about a major distrubance in the zone.

The Director had managed to evacuate the zone without further complications, but there still was the menace to be erradicated. Seeing that he could not send normal agents to fight the disturbance, he ordered The Avengers to take care of it, confident about their success.

Much to the surprise of the Director, The Avengers were struggling to keep their position, slowly retreating as the exaggerated amount of those strange creatures overwhelmed them.

Captain America was trying to hold a massive black dog. The soldier was blocking blow after blow, barely managing to stay in his toes. The man wielding the shield saw an oportunity and swung his weapon, hitting the creature and making it to stumble backwards. Much to his surprise, the dog-like monster just shook it's head and came again to it's feet, resuming it's rampage of blows towards him.

Farther behind, Hawkeye was shooting his arrows towards the group of strange creatures. Every arrow he shoot hit it's target but, much to his dismay, did little to nothing effect over them, making his attempts useless. Not only that, the large variety of monsters made it almost impossible to concentrate his fire.

Serpent-like creatures holding bows were shooting at them from the back, huge black dogs were in the front making blows everywhere they could, one-eyed giants were swinging their clubs around, dealing debasting hits to their opponents.

The Scarlet Witch was holding the best she could. Using her powers, she made the monsters in front of her to smack each other with their clubs, to launch itselves towards their own allies and frozing them in the spot for a few seconds. From time to time, some of the monsters that attacked each other turned into a golden rain. However, when she lost her sight just for a second or even blink, the dust remaining disapeared.

Black Widow was avoiding blows and strikes from the strange creatures. As fast as she was, there was a ridiculous amount of enemies. The monsters were everywhere and, seeing as they weren't affected by bullets, Black Widow was in a huge disadvantage. She had tried everything, but nothing seemed to be usefull.

From the air, Iron Man was flying with his characteristic metal suit. He went around, shooting light beams to the monsters that came too close to him or his friends. From time to time, he was forced to face some bird-like creatures, that had a head of a woman, who went flying towards him. His light beams seemed to cause great damage on the enemy lines, causing some of the monsters to explode into golden dust.

Thor was fairly who was holding better those monsters. His ancient weapon was exactly crafted to fight this kind of creatures, although from another Panthenon. Lightning landed all around the God as it desintegrated more and more creatures, leaving a golden trail behind. However, he was highly outnumbered and he could not let those hideous monsters to be faced alone by his comrades.

Thor was worried. He had known, as well as his father, that the Greek Gods were around. In ancient times, the two Partenons had held a positive relationship, but they had lost their contanct after what they called 'The Giant War'. The Greek Gods had been in a war and, not wanting to involve his Northen friends, they had cut the communication.

However, he wasn't worried about that in particular. It had been millenias since the last time that the Greek monsters had attacked monster in a so organized assault. After the Giant War the Olympian Gods had managed to cover their world with what they called 'The Mist', althoug Thor didn't know the details about it.

The Avengers were forced back by the monster army. They couldn't retire, since if they left wouldn't be anyone left to protect the citizens of New York. They all were too busy to even talk, even Iron Man had kept his mouth shut.