Chapter 26

Yes, she was.

Two days later, The Avengers were called to a meeting with Fury.

The dimly lit meeting-room was barely able to accommodate a long table and a dozen chairs. Sitting scattered, The Avengers, along with Percy and Calypso, looked at the images that Fury was projecting on a large screen.

They were looking at some kind of map. Percy didn't exactly understand what it showed, but he knew that the huge-ass red dot in the middle was kinda bad.

"Our satellites have started to malfunction as they orbited this area." Fury explained. "Further research has showed unusual... activities on the sky of San Francisco."

The image on the screen changed. Now, a tape showed the sky, bright blue and few clouds shifting through. The unnerving thing was, though, that it was caving over a mountain.

It was monstrous. Percy's gaze flickered and his memory clouded. He had the same feeling he had harbored when he found himself in front of Tartarus.

"What the actual..." Tony muttered.

"This... Is not right." Steve whispered to himself. "What is happening?" He asked aloud.

Calypso looked horrified. "This can't be." She said. "He's been dead since... The beginning of life."

"Who is He?" Fury asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ouranos." Percy said, his gaze glued at the screen. Then, a lightning strike blinded the camera for an instant and thunder boomed in the meeting-room.

"Odin All-mighty." Thor had his eyes widened, afraid. "This is- This isn't a fight we can win."

Calypso's eyes were filled with tears. "My- My father." She said. "We have to go. My sisters are there."

"We've got to." Percy said. "If we let him force himself on Gaea, everything in a thousand-mile radius will be obliterated."

"The evacuation of San Francisco is necessary." Fury said. "The military has already been mobilized, the SFPD is already on the streets. The Avengers need to aid in this operation."

Another thunder came through the screen, almost as if laughing at their pathetic attempts to stop the Primordial of the Skies.

All of them glared at the screen.

"We're moving." Steve stated, his voice firm and his gaze determined. "Suit up."

-----

They were at the top of the tower. Percy's gaze was clouded with memories from the last time he went to Mount Othrys. He looked at the sky, hoping for a hint of Zoe. But it was early afternoon, not a star to be seen.

"Percy!" Peter called, snapping the older boy out of his thoughts. "You've got transportation?"

"I think this time I'm going to tag along." He said. "Zeus won't strike me down after all that's happening and San Francisco is a bit far."

"Good thing that I came to ask you, then. We're ready to go." Peter explained.

"Alright, then. Let's go."

-----

As they approached the city, the Airship went through some turbulences.

"Woah." Percy said, his face pale. "I really don't want this to fall. Everything alright?"

"All fine." Tony called from the control cabin. "But we will have to land. Seems that big ole' sky doesn't like us flying through it."

Percy sighed. "That's nothing new."