Chapter 20

With that thoughts, he kept an open eye during the rest of the night, watching for Wanda and Kira in their sleep.

The night passed and Percy hadn't had the chance, nor that he cared, to sleep. The entire night his mind had raced over the situation he found himself in.

During his guard, Kira had been trashing around and mumbing incoherently, surely because of some kind of nightmare.

However, this time was Wanda the one having a nightmare.

She was sweating and held a pained look that reminded Percy of when she was out because of the poison.

Seeing as this didn't reassure him, he decided to wake her.

When he got closer to her, he noticed that tears stained her face.

"Wanda" He whispered.

Seeing as she didn't respond, he tried again.

"Wanda" He shaked her. "It's alright. It's not real."

She still didn't wake. Instead, she started to move more violently.

"Pietro!!" She yelled.

The branches and leaves around them started to float and shake. Percy decided that it had gotten way too far.

"Wanda!" He shouted. "It's just a dream, wake up!" Hus vice turned into a plea. "Please, stay with me."

Wanda's breath changed into one more steady. The branches stayed still in the air, like frozen in the spot.

Her eyes opened. She looked around confused and disoriented.

When her eyes landed on Percy, she seemed to calm down.

"Wanda, are you okay?" Kira, who had been woken during the shoutd, asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay Kira. You can go to sleep." She assured.

Kira didn't say a word as she laid back on the floor.

"What happened?" Percy asked her, concern lacibg his words.

"Just a nightmare." Wanda explained. "It's been a while since the last time that I had one."

"That's good, I suppouse." Percy said. "Any idea of why did you had one now?"

Wanda sighed and sat in front of him. "I don't know." She said. "I haven't had one of this since Thor called you."

Percy sighed. "I suppouse that me appearing has been a headache for all of you."

"It's not that!" Wanda said. She knew exactly why it was but she didn't want to tell him the truth. Not yet at least. "It's because..." she trailed off, searching for any kind of coherent reason.

Percy smiled, oblivious of her real reasons. "Don't worry. It's not like we have any other way to stop Tartarus from raising, have we?"

His statement made Wanda smile.

"I don't think we have."

Silence setled. A long comfortable silence.

Finally Percy let out a breath.

"I'm glad you're back. I'm not going to ask about that nightmare, it's up to you if you want me to know."

Wanda eyed him with a suspicious look.

"You talk like you've had experience in this nightmare things." She said acusingly.

Percy was a little surprised of her acusation. "Well, yeah. I've had nightmares too, but-"