Chapter 23

Right after this sentence, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and fainted, leaving the shocked Avengers behind.

Wanda awoke to find herself surrounded by darkness.

Her entire body ached in pain as she rolled over to try and identify her position. Where the hell was she?

She could feel a soft bed under her and the bed covers over her body.

Slowly, her vision got used to the dark and Wanda could see that she was, indeed, in her bedroom.

When she left her bed, her head started to ache. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened for her to be in such shape.

Then it hit her.

Was Percy... dead?

She quickly dressed herself and rushed out of her room. She stoped on her tracks when the sunlight hit her on the face, momentarily distracting her.

Wanda finally made it to the living room, where Steve was cooking his pancakes. As usual.

"Steve! Where's Percy? Is he alright?" Wanda asked.

"Good morning Wanda" Steve said. "Calm down, alright? Percy is okay, he is just resting."

Wanda let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

After the good news, her headache came back. Steve noticed so.

"Sit down, Wanda." He said. "Percy wasn't the only one who lost control the other day."

Wanda did what Steve said and rubbed her temples. "The other day? What happened?" She asked. Wanda didn't seem to recall any of the events of their mission to help Percy. The only think that she could recall was the fact that Percy was dead, or so she had thought.

Luckily, Steve said he was safe, so she wasn't that worried anymore.

"You don't remember?" Steve asked surprised.

Wanda shook her head. "No. It's all... blurry."

Steve sighed. "Percy lost control." He explained. "When we arrived he was fighting a huge robot. Do you remember?"

Wanda slowly nodded. "I think so. It was a junkyard, right?"

Steve did a curt nod. "Yes. Well, Percy destroyed the robot in no time and he was about to attack us," He explained. "Luckily, Thor managed to fight him off." He wanted to say more but he couldn't find the words.

"What happened next?" Wanda asked confused. "You don't want to tell it?"

"No- It's just... Percy." The soldier said. "I've never felt so much fear in my life. Not even in the wars. He was able to fight a God, for the love of God!"

Steve took a deep breath.

"At the begining, Thor had him under control. He even managed to strike him down with thunder. We really thought that it was over." He started. "But then, you lost control."

Wanda fitched. It had been long since she had lost control, back when she was a child.

"Thor could take you down without dealing major bruises. He managed to knock you out, in the end, and we thought that that was it. However, Percy raised, once again, and..." Steve trailed off. "This time seemed to protect you. He didn't let anyone come close to you."

Wanda felt a slight blush creeping on her face.

"When Thor tried to reason with him, he striked back." Steve continued. "He was like a madman. In the end, somehow you managed to bring him back. Even if you don't remember."