Chapter 27

"Fuck." Percy said. "This is not gonna be fun."

"We're going to approach and negotiate." A uniformed man said next to them. "Do the mighty heroes want to come with us in case we, the helpless military, need protection from those kids with sharp sticks?" His voice dripped with sarcasm.

Thor noticed his tone and frowned. "You, Midgardian, do not know what you are talking about." He said dangerously.

Percy placed a hand on his arm, holding him back while glaring at the douche. "Let him be, Thor. I've killed most of my enemies because they thought like him. Let him be, we will see how long his headstays attached to his body."

The man gulped at Percy's words. Natasha patted proudly the boy's shoulder.

"We are going, regardless." Steve said. "Our only chance at negotiating lies with us. You will get nowhere."

The man grumbled but said nothing. Instead, he left to inform his supervisor.

"Guys! We're here!" A voice said behind them. They turned around to meet Tony and Peter that seemed to have been held back somehow. "Sorry, we're late. There were some people in trouble back there."

"Hey, Spider-head." Calypso said softly at him.

The softness of her voice seemed to reach Tony, who smiled warmly at the couple. Young love.

"Alright, what's happening?" The man addressed Natasha.

"Violent resistance." The spy said. "Or that's what they want to affirm. They are just standing there, not letting them pass."

Tony scoffed. "Typical. I hate the uniformed dudes. They are always excusing themselves and doing things they shouldn't."

"We are going with them to help the negotiation." Bruce said. "So, we should try to be ready."

They all nodded. "Stay around and be ready. We've still got time, but we must get to the mountain before sunset."

"Aye aye, Captain." Tony said.

"Tony, this is serious." Steve scolded.

"Boys, enough." Wanda said. "You can bicker when the sky isn't falling on us, got it?"

Both of them grumbled and looked away. Regardless, they dropped the subject.

A man approached them; his uniform was more intricate than the rest. Percy assumed he was one of the heads of the operation. "Heroes, I've been told you want to take part in the group of mediation."

"Yes, we would like to take part in the negotiations. We believe we could be of use." Tony stated, his voice had and underlying tone. As if saying that they would have a better chance than the military.

The man narrowed his eyes. "Go ahead, then. We part in five minutes. Be ready."

-----

True to their words, five minutes later the group approached the Legion.

Percy was twirling his pen by his fingers nervously. This was going to be a really bad experience. Again.

"A few rules out there." The higher-ranking man told them. "You are with us, not the other way around. You follow our rules, you follow our orders, you follow our calls. No funny business. This isn't a fancy meeting you can attend just because you are famous. This is a meeting to avoid a violent scalation."

To say the heroes were angry would be an understatement. They had been brushed aside by someone that hadn't probably seen or done half the things any of them had.