Chapter 9

Chiron saw Percy walk out of the Big House with tears in his eyes. Even of he didn't like it, it was the boy's fate and it had to be fulfilled. Because legends are meant to be dead.

When Percy arrived at the Stark towers it was already nightime. However, he was not greeted by a normal sight.

A black haired boy was being pointed with The Avengers weapons as his eyes swirled with fury.

"WHERE'S PERCY!?" He roared.

Percy took a step fowards. "I'm right here, Nico."

The Avengers were surprised for his appearance.

"Let him be, guys." Percy said. As The Avengers lowered their weapons, Nico launched himself towards Percy, knocking him down.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" He shouted. "Do you know what will happen now? Do you even thought about the concequences?"

Percy didn't make any move to push him down. "I know what will happen, Nico, but this had to be done. We can't let all the mortals die in the hands of the enemy."

Nico's rage dimmed and was replaced by a sorrowful look. "Percy, we've been fighting to save the mortals without them noticing! We've been fighting to be kept in the dark!" He cried. "Both of my sisters died in the wars, Percy. They died so we could stay hidden." He said the last part quietly.

The Avengers were looking at the interaction clearly shocked. Nico had mentioned wars. Wars that took place before this one.

"Nico, the mortals had to know. If they didn't, neither our kind nor them would have had an opportunity." Percy said.

Nico's face morphed again into one of hatred. "I don't know what Annabeth saw in you. I don't know what I saw in you. I can't wait to see what the Fates will do to you after breaking the Ancient Laws." He said bitterly.

Nico stood and The Avengers gave a step back. However, the boy walked towards a corner and disappeared in the shadows. Percy still lying on the floor.

Tears formed in Percy's eyes as he stood. Without any other word, he walked towards his room, leaving a worried Avengers behind.

That night, Percy had a nightmare.

-----

The next morning, Percy was the last to woke up. Even with the nightmares, he decided to stay in bed and try to sleep. He had to be well-rested by the time he died.

When he arrived at the living room, The Avengers were there, only Spiderman missing. All of them had bags under their eyes, showing clearly that they hadn't slept.

"Good morning." Percy said, trying to seem cheerful. However, The Avengers weren't going to act like yesterday's night events didn't took place.

"Percy, who was that boy from yesterday?" Steve asked.

"Oh! Just my cousin, Nico Di'Angelo. A nice guy." He said, trying to seem unfazed. "What do we have for breakfast, guys? I'm starving." He tried to change of topic.

"Don't even think about it, kid." Stark said. "You are giving us answers. Now."

Percy sighed, there was noway he was going to scape that.

"Percy, that boy, Nico, mentioned something about wars. What was he talking about?" Wanda asked.

"This isn't the first war we fight, there were two before. As he said, he lost two sisters in that wars." Percy said sadly.

"What happened in those wars?" Bruce asked.

Percy's face morphed into a stoic expression. "There was a profecy, a guy was selected to lead, the profecy was fulfilled. End of the story, in both times." He said sharply.