Chapter Nine

I pretend to stab one of the extras and have to scramble up on my feet. The stunt group guides me through the maneuvers. Next, I sprint towards Jen and another extra. I pretend to throw a knife at the boy, and the stunt team tells him to fall to the ground. Jennifer pretends to look scared as I fake throwing a knife at her. She pulls the backup up just as I "throw" and sprints into the woods behind us.

I am then ordered to turn and run towards the extra in front of Jack. I softly run into them and push them onto the ground before getting up. I stand, waiting for my next command.

"Run towards them and throw. Go!" the stunt team yells while pointing at the two extras fighting over a backpack.

I sprint towards them and pretend to throw. The stunt groups helping them tell them to fall to the ground and they do. My stunt workers tell me that my routine is over. I look around the plain, and see that the only one left "fighting" is Alexander. He takes the fake sword and does a quick slash, and the little curly headed boy falls to the ground.

The stunt groups clap at our progress. This is the 9th time we have gone through this today. I'm wishing that we can move on to something else already.

All week so far, we have practiced the bloodbath scene. We have it down pretty good. I just forget a little every now and then, but that's it. I guess the others need it because they are actually in hand to hand combat. I just have to pretend the throw knives.

"Alright guys, that was great. One more time!" Gary calls out. He is standing by one of the camera crews that are filming bonus scenes.

You can hear the groans around the plain as we head back to our pedestals. Jennifer comes out of the woods and gets on her pedestal. We sit down and wait for the crews to set the stuff back up in the Cornucopia.

When Gary says to get ready, everyone stands up. I get ready to sprint off of the pedestal.

"Go!" he yells out.

I sprint off of the plate to the marked backpack on the ground. I get on my knees and pretend to dig through it, turning my head a few times.

I have to wait for my cue to go to the backpack with the fake knives in it. When I see Dayo heading out of the Cornucopia with a scythe, I go to the next marked bag and pull out a handful of the rubbery knives.

I run back to where Jennifer and the boy are. I wait until he has the weapon over his head, and pretend to throw. He falls to the ground after two seconds pass and I pretend to throw at Jen. When he raises the backpack and then lowers it again, I pretend to throw once more. She scrambles up and runs into the woods.

I have to count to three, and then sprit towards Jack and the extra. I tackle her to the ground before sprinting towards the other two extras.

When I reach them, I pretend to throw at one. She falls, and then I throw at the boy. He falls, and then my part is done.

I slowly jog towards the Cornucopia just as Alexander makes the final "kill". The stunt group claps again.

The stunt group is just on set to help us with the stunts. Everyone decided that they wanted to do most of their own stunts, so that is what we are doing.

The sun is raised high up in the sky. I quickly realized that summer in North Caroline will be very hot and humid.

"Great job today, guys. That's a wrap. Tomorrow, we can start on some of the other stunts. If I were you, I would be getting ready for relocation. We will all be moving into the set trailers before long. They can house three people each, so most of you won't get one to yourself. Go home, eat, get some rest, and be here bright and early tomorrow." Gary tells us.