Chapter Twelve

The costume people help me take the gold armor plates off. The costume is pretty cool, but it is really heavy.

We just finished filming the chariot scene after way too many takes. Gary decided we have enough time today to film the interview scenes as well.

As soon as I take the armor off, I have to run back into wardrobe. They help me get into my dress for this scene, and then I sprint to hair and makeup. They are already filming Josh's interview outside.

When I am done in makeup, they have already filmed many of the interview scenes. My scene probably won't even be shown in the movie. Either way, I studied this part in the script as much as I could.

When one of the stage managers comes out to get me, I get myself into acting mode and walk out onto the stage.

The crowd claps and cheers on cue, and I go to the chair beside Stanley. Huge green screens sit behind us.

"Welcome, Clove." He says, taking my hand. I smile a little and take a seat.

I say the few lines that are included here, and am led offstage so they can get footage of the other interviews. I'm looking forward to getting out of the hot costume, but one of the stage directors told me they need more shots.

When most of the others have filmed some, I am led to a hallway and put in line in front of Alexander. One of the camera people tells me to "look frustrated". I do my best, and wait for them to take shots of all the tributes lined up.

It takes about thirty minutes until I am allowed to change back into regular clothes and go home. Gary had to take a small amount of time to check the takes, making sure they were acceptable. Then, he told me to change and go back to camp.

I don't hesitate in doing that. I was thinking we were going to be filming some of our scenes in the arena today or at least practice them. According to Gary, we are way behind on the movie. And I mean way behind. At this point, over half of the scenes should have been filmed. Only the scenes in District 12 are done, and now the interview scenes. And the train scenes, I think.

Poor Josh and Jen have to do the after-games interviews as well. I really feel bad for them; when we get breaks, they have to keep working.

I am helped out of my interview dress and change back into the shorts and shirt I was wearing. I take my hair down from the silly bun it was in.

When I walk out of the dressing room, Leven is waiting in the hallway. She smiles at me and we walk out together.

"I heard about Jack pranking you with the snake last night." she says with a giggle.

I feel my cheeks get red at the memory. Apparently, Jack expected that to happen and came in the trailer to get the snake out. I'm not necessarily mad at him for it, it just really scared me. He hasn't really talked to me that much today.

But, I could never be mad at Jack. He's Jack. You just can't stay mad at him, no matter how hard you try. He's just like a big teddy bear.

Leven and I walk out of the building. There are cabs waiting outside, and the two of us get in one. It's not long before we are back at the camp.

We seem to be the only ones here. I see Liam across at his trailer, sitting on its porch.

I walk up to my trailer and go in the bathroom to take a shower. I take long showers anyways, but this one is extra long. I just stand in the stream of water, letting it run over me. I get out and dry off when I hear the door of the trailer close.

I change my clothes again and realize it is getting dark outside. Amandla sits at the small table in our trailer.

"Have fun?" I ask her. She looks exhausted. She must've had to stay a lot longer and take more takes.

"So. Many. Takes." She says. She gets up and heads toward the bathroom.

I check my cell phone, and see that I have many unread texts. I see 7 of them under Xander's name.

Hey!

Why are they making me stay for Jen and Josh's scenes? I was done an hour ago.

I'm bored. Talk to me.

Are you ignoring me after last night? Things won't be weird between us...right?

Jack ate a bean burrito and I am suddenly regretting my choices in living with him.

Gary said we are off tomorrow because Jen and Josh are doing some kind of scenes with the oldies :)

TALK TO ME I'M LONELY.

I laugh at the last three of his texts. The "oldies" would include Woody and Liz and Lenny. They aren't old, by all means, but they are a lot older than us. They must be filming the apartment scenes or something.

I text Alexander back with a simple "hi" and go to our fridge. I pull out one of the frozen pizzas and stick it in the oven. My stomach has been grumbling all day. Maybe Gary should think about feeding us sometimes.

Amandla gets out of the shower just as I pull the pizza out. I grab a slice and sit on our couch, flipping the television on. She sits beside me, and we watch a rerun of the Kardashians. Honestly, I can't stand the show, but the only channel we have is E!news.

I hear a knock on our door, and answer them with a mouthful of pizza. Alexander opens the door and sticks his head through. He gets a wide grin when he sees Amandla and I.

"Hey, babies!" he says. He carries a clear bag and sets it on the counter. "We had Taco Bell after you left."

He takes something out of the bag and sits beside me on our small couch. His arm extends behind my shoulders, just loosely sitting behind them. He groans when he sees the show that is on.

"This, really?" he asks, not chewing his food.

I glare at him, and he hangs his mouth open childishly. "So, off day tomorrow! What do you guys plan on doing?" Alexander asks.

"Sleeping." Amandla says, her attention on the television screen.

I see Xander frown in the corner of my eye and stifle a laugh. "Well, some of us were planning on going to lunch. You can sit out." He says.

Amandla takes a wadded up napkin and throws it at him. He laughs and throws it back. "I guess that's a yes. What about you, Isabelle? What're you gonna do?" he asks playfully.

I roll my eyes. "I mean, I guess I have to go to lunch with my terrible cast-mates. I mean, if I don't go, they will make me. I don't know why. I don't even like any of them." I answer sarcastically.

Amandla laughs beside me and walks back into her bedroom for something. Alexander and I pay our attention to the television. It is silent for several moments.

"Are you okay? I mean-after yesterday?" I ask. I'm guessing he didn't pass out or anything today.

He smirks. "Oh, I am very okay after yesterday."

I attempt to frown at him, but fail. I end up smiling and punching him in the arm. "You are such a dork."

"Aw. You two would be cute together." I hear Amandla's voice from the kitchen. She is pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge.

I whip my head over and glare at her. I begin to feel nervous. Does she know anything about what happened yesterday?

"What makes you say that?" I ask, looking down to hide my reddening face.

She looks a little confused. "I don't know. You just would. Something wrong? I didn't mean to offend you or anything..."

"Oh, you didn't! I was just-uh-curious." I answer with a smile. She shakes her head and walks back to her room.

Alexander smirks down at me when I turn my head again. I punch him as hard as I can in the arm, but he doesn't budge.

His phone buzzes, and he tells me he needs to get back over to his trailer for some reason. I nod my head in return, and he goes to my door.

"And," he adds, "I'm making a Starbucks run in the morning. There will be a very extra special caramel macchiato for you."

He winks at me and closes the door to my trailer behind him.