Chapter Thirty-Five

I set my bags on the floor in Alexander's room. He walks in and begins to unpack his bag as well.

We landed a few hours ago and took a cab up to where they will film. Where most casts have regular trailers during filming, Alexander gets a whole cabin to himself. The scenery outside is beautiful as well. I think everything here is covered in green.

I put some of my clothes is one of the dressers and some in the closet. Alexander just messily throws his wherever they fit. I roll my eyes and try to help him make things neater.

I'm already suffering from jet lag since we got here. It was night time when we left, but now it's like the middle of the afternoon.

When the two of us finish putting our stuff away, we both lay on the bed out of exhaustion. Who would have known that sleeping for however many hours on a plane would make me this tired?

I try falling asleep, but Alexander gets up and starts moving around the cabin. I can hear him in the kitchen, clinking glasses and plates together.

"What are you doing?" I yell to him, though it only comes out as a mumble since my face is in the pillow.

"Trying to find out how to make coffee. We have a cast dinner tonight!" he yells back.

"It's not that hard to make coffee." I say back.

"Then you come do it!" he answers.

I sigh and climb off of the bed. When I walk into the kitchen, I find him staring hopelessly at the coffee maker. I roll my eyes and look through the cabinets to find coffee.

When I find it, I realize that I'm not quite tall enough to reach it. Alexander laughs as he easily extends his arm and hands it to me.

I put scoops of the coffee stuff into the coffee maker and pour water through it. I push start, and I immediately hear it start to work.

I turn to Alexander, who has his arms crossed in front of him and an impressed look on his face. I glare at him, aggravated that he needed me to figure out how to pour water through a coffee maker.

I push myself up so I am sitting on the counter, making myself eye-level with Alexander. He walks up to me and sets his hands around my hips, and I wrap my arms around his neck. His blue eyes stare at me for several moments before his lips crash onto mine.

My arms tighten around his neck, attempting to pull him closer. He pulls away from the kiss and keeps his forehead touching against mine, his lips just an inch away.

"I'm so happy you came here with me." He says quietly.

"Me too." I say with a sigh. After a minute or so, he pulls away and I untangle my arms from his neck. He disappears back into the bedroom, and I keep my spot on the counter.

I can hear him rummaging through things, probably finding something to wear to his dinner tonight. "What time is the cast dinner?" I call to him.

"6:00 I think." He calls back. I watch as he emerges from the bedroom, crossing over to pour a cup of the freshly made coffee. "And I would love for you to go."

"What? It's a cast thing. I can't go." I answer, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleepy feeling.

"Sure you can. They bring their friends all the time. Please come." He says.

I sarcastically shake my head, and he stands in front of me just as he did minutes ago. This time, he wraps his arms around my waist to where he is nearly hugging me. He makes an expression to look as if he is pouting.

"Please?" he begs.

I look off over his shoulder, pretending to think. "Fine, I guess I will."

He smiles and quickly places a kiss on my lips before sitting at the table. I hop off the counter and go back into the bedroom, remembering I was supposed to call mom when we landed.