Chapter Seventeen

I click the pen against the notepad once more and hang my chin on my hand. Gary still talks monotonously about the mall tour, which we will be leaving for in two days. Alexander, Jen, and Josh filmed the last scene yesterday.

Everything that Gary says may be important, but I just tune everything out. I think clicking the pen gets on Jackie's nerves, because she throws a wadded up piece of paper at me.

"And the groups for the mall tour will be..." Gary begins.

I tune back in. I've been eager to find out what group I will be in.

"Alexander, Jennifer, and Amandla are in a group. Jackie, Isabelle, and Josh are in a group." he says.

I smile and look at Jackie, who appears to be happy as well. Josh sighs loudly but smiles at us when we look at him. He loves us, he just won't admit it.

Josh is pretty fun to be around, but he's just really mature. I guess he has to be the mature one next to Jennifer.

Gary continues to go down the list until he dismisses us. I leave the meeting room in the hotel and head up to my own.

We left the camp and checked back into the hotel a few days ago. Now, I get to room with Leven until we leave on the mall tour.

I'm kind of upset I wasn't in a group with Leven. We planned on doing a big shopping spree at one of the malls...

But Jackie and Josh will be a great group. I think that this will be fun. I can't wait to see the premiere of the movie, though. Gary won't let us see it until then.

I collapse on my bed and pull out my book. As soon as I open the cover, something in crinkly paper smacks against my face.

I pick up the muffin and look in the direction it was thrown. Josh stands in the doorway, unwrapping his own muffin and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Why are you reading?" he asks with a mouthful of the pastry.

"Because I can." I say, taking the muffin and chunking it back at him. He laughs when it hits him in the chest, almost spewing muffin chunks across the room.

I sigh and close my book. Why can't I ever get a chance to just sit down and read?

"Well reading is boring. Just thought I'd say hi before we get stuck together for a few weeks." He says. He turns and walks out of the room, not giving me a chance to say goodbye. That was weird.

Leven walks in the room next and jumps on her bed, groaning into her pillow. She picks her head back up quickly and smiles at me.

"Ooohhhh you and Josh..." she says with a devilish smile.

I raise an eyebrow. She was groaning one second and smiling the next.

"You're bipolar I swear." I say. She laughs a little and goes back to talking.

"But you and Josh would be so cute. Do you realize that?" she asks with a smirk.

I roll my eyes. "Why? He came in here and said hi..."

She shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. You too would just look cute, you know? Not saying anything is between you two, but you would look good together."

I ponder this for a minute, and blow it off. Josh and I are definitely just friends. I'm just friends with everyone in the cast...

"That's weird," I say with a laugh. "Amandla says the same thing about me and Xander."

My mind goes to Alexander now. She did say that one day that we would look cute together. I don't know why I said that to Leven. Alexander and I are definitely just friends, but I constantly feel like things are different now between us. I don't really like that it is...but at the same time I do.