Chapter Thirty-Three

I wake up to Alexander snoring into my ear. The light streaming in through the windows is nearly blinding, and I have to press my face against his chest to block it.

His snoring is soft, but it seems a lot louder next to my ear. It gets quieter whenever I move up closer against him.

"Hey." He says in my ear after a whole. His voice is raspy and sleepy.

"Hey." I answer, smiling to myself. He presses his lips softly to my forehead.

I can just see over the edge of his shoulder at the clock. It's only 9, so we really didn't sleep in too long.

Alexander loosens me from his grasp before getting out of his bed. He stumbles sleepily into his bathroom, and I try to rub my eyes to wake up.

He comes out of the bathroom and leans against the doorway. He has on no shirt, exposing all the muscles on his torso. His usually spiked-up hair is messy and ruffled across his forehead. Why can't I manage to look attractive when I first wake up?

Alexander crosses over to his dresser and fumbles with the drawers, pulling out a pair of jeans and a gray tee shirt. He goes back into the bathroom to change and comes out dressed.

His hair is still messy and uncombed, but it still looks good. He picks his keys up off the dresser and looks at me.

"I'm going to get coffee. Care to join me?" he asks.

"Sure." I say, standing up from the bed. I twist my hair back in a ponytail really quickly before walking out of the bedroom.

He comes out after me with his jacket on and throws a flannel shirt at me. It has been getting cold in the mornings, and I'm only wearing a short sleeved shirt.

I pull on the blue plaid flannel shirt before walking out the door of the apartment. A gust of cold wind hits me when I open the door, but it calms down as I follow Alexander out to his car.

We go to the nearest coffee place and go inside. I get the two of us a table while Alexander gets our coffees. Some people at a table give me a weird look, but I ignore it. I've been getting those a lot lately.

About five minutes later, Alexander comes back with two coffees in hand. He sits down across from me and hands me a cup.

"Your stupid caramel crap took forever." He grumbles at me.

"Whatever." I say while rolling my eyes. "If I can recall, you said that you like waiting on my coffee."

He shoots me a glare before going back to sipping his coffee. He must be really tired, because we don't talk very much.

One of the people that gave me a look at the table over comes up to us. They crouch down at the table and look up at the both of us.

"Hey, do you mind if I take some pictures and maybe get some words from the two of you?" the man asks.

Alexander doesn't even acknowledge him, so I do the same. I pay attention to my coffee and try not to look at the guy.

"Come on." He pleads. "You guys are the center of the press. All the public wants is you two! Help a guy out and let me-"

"Get out of here!" Alexander snaps at him. The reporter looks a little hurt before standing up and going back to his table.

Alexander grimaces and taps his fingers nervously on the table. He pushes his sunglasses up and stares at his tapping fingers.

"Feisty." I say with a small smirk. He scowls at me.

"I'm just tired of reporters." He says as his phone begins to ring. "I'm tired of everyone. Except you."