Chapter 1-Wondlerless

Chapter 1

•Carl•

Look. Another one, and another. Walkers. It's your second life after your first. I watched them as they all wandered aimlessly in the grass, not having an idea of anything.

Damn. What if that's me one day? All clueless, not knowing what's going on, not seeing the real world, I thought to myself. Oh, wait.

I walked back over to the other side of the railroad tracks as I headed over to the group. It was me, my dad, Judith, Daryl, Maggie, and Michonne.

At least I'm not alone in my first life...physically.

We walked through the woods for about half an hour, having the most pointless conversationg with Maggie and Michonne, while Daryl and my dad trailed ahead.

"I bet you can't shoot that bird up there."

As Michonne followed up, I followed to where her finger guided me. There was a Brown Thrasher sitting in a tree branch, high up, and was just happily sitting in it's nest. I smirked.

"I'll take that bet."

I pulled out my gun, closing one eye to focus on the bird past the sight of the gun that I was aligning with the bird to make the perfect shot. I pulled the trigger, Maggie pushed my shoulder, and I ended up shooting at least a foot away from the bird.

Michonne and Maggie laughed.

"Hey, that ain't fair!"

"Pay up!"

Michonne held out her hand as she motioned me to give her something.

"I'm not giving you nothing. You wasted a perfectly good bullet. You owe me."

Michonne laughed a bit and so did I as she gave me a shove.

"Will y'all stop messing around?!"

My dad was ahead of us even further than he was before as he began to yell. I looked to the side of him to see Daryl holding Judith. Daryl. Daryl was holding the daughter of the man he stood beside.

Careless.

"C'mon, I can see a house up ahead. We can crash there for the night."

We all followed my dad as we came to the end of the trail in the woods.There was a light blue house, rusted with moss trailing up the the sides. The porch was also beat up, no better looking than the windows, with each rail and pole either missing or beat up.

"Guys..."

Maggie started to speak as we all turned to her. She held her finger out, pointing to a bag that rested on the porch next to a broken window

-

I'm sorry this chapter is so short. But, it is just an outline chapter. It gets a lot better *wink, nudge* I promise:)

~c.j.