Chapter 42-Death Bed

Chapter 42

•Joslyn

Carl looked back at me, then back to Glenn. I nodded my head, telling him to go, and Glenn soon left too, going to help Daryl stall the walkers. I decided that since everyone knew, I could now at least stand near my boyfriend. I headed towards what looked like the kitchen, yet I stopped at the doorway.

"Dad..."

Rick stood looking at all the pictures that hung on his old fridge. They just about all included just the grimes family. I saw one with Carl sitting at a baseball game, and Rick sat right beside him. I smiled at all the pictures that were set in the normal life they had before. I saw none of Judith, yet There were many that included a tall, skinny, beautiful, long Brown haired woman.

Carl's mom.

Rick just kept looking at all of the pictures, not taking even a moment to look away, even as Carl yelled at him and shook his arm.

"DAD!"

"I'm sorry, Carl...I've been an awful dad..."

I looked to the back door. The walkers were practically already in the door, and Glenn and Daryl gave up, letting them all into the house. I stumbled back, heading towards the front door, and Rick fell back, barely missing the wooden chair the was his death bed.

He looked pale and scabs, blood, and bruises covered his face. Carl kept yelling at Rick, trying to get his attention, when Rick finally looked at Carl, grabbing his arms and almost choking on his words.

"I'm sorry...that i can't go farther to protect you..."

Tears fell from Carl's eyes.

"And I'm sorry, that I couldn't go far enough, to protect Judith."

Carl was trying to get Rick to stand up, but rick wouldn't listen.

"It's your turn, though. Daryl will protect the group, but you protect your girl. I couldn't protect mine, but I'll die with her..."

"Joslyn!"

Daryl shot a walker with his crossbow, directly in the eye.

"Let's go!"

Carl tried holding Rick up, but he couldn't. Rick fell to the floor, and a walker came up behind Carl.

"Carl!"

I shot the walker, not wasting the bullet, though. If he was going to protect me, I would protect him, the same. Even in his death bed.

"I love you, Carl."

"I love you too, dad."

Carl hoisted his bag back on his shoulder, wiped his tears, and headed over to me. Daryl and Glenn came up behind us, slamming the door just as a walker tried to follow. We met Michonne and Maggie outside in front of the house.

"Where's..."

A scream stopped Michonne in her sentence. We all looked to Carl, but not too obviously. But as we did, he was already heading off, trying to find the road.

-

Oh my God ):

So, this fanfic will probably only have three or four more chapters and you all will probably hate me at the end. Aha...

I am very sorry about this chapter, but...sigh

AND YAY!

I will be making a sequel to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also very sorry about the shortness of this chapter, but it's kind of just a fill in chapter. The next chapter IS NOT a fill in chapter, so you will not want to miss it.

And tbh I legit hate when you can't think of a title to a sequel bc like you want it to go with the first book, yet then ur like ok I gotta make it go in the book. UGH I absolutely hate when that happens.

Mk. ILY all and yea my b day is on Thursday!

Ok that's all the news for meh.

-

~C