Chapter 32-Serpents

Chapter 32

Carl

Don't let them see you cry.
That lets them know you're weak.
You're not.
If you let them see you cry, you might as well die.

Don't let them see you cry.

-

My eyes narrowed foreword as the rest of the group followed behind. My dad limped, Daryl stood close to me, and Michonne and Maggie followed behind, making sure everyone was okay.

It doesn't matter if you're the one who hurt him. He should still be the one looking out for him.

What was my demon self saying? The day before, I pulled my gun on my dad, accidentally shooting part of his ankle when my finger slipped on the trigger...

I don't care. It doesn't hurt me. I knew that everyone was worried about me. I wasn't.

I'm not even me.

We were off the highway now. All I saw in front of me was rotted moss and trash lining the street as a boarder. There was blood almost everywhere I looked. Flesh was smeared on the grey concrete, showing how small this world is, yet how little humanity it had left.

None.

"Carl...Carl!"

I kept walking. The voice was an utmost unpleasant sound. I did not know of this noise anymore. I was the only one I needed to worry about. I was the only person I had on my mind.

Then why are you so eager to move?

I ignored that voice. I did not want to know of that voice anymore, either. That was not the voice I want to hear. I was not an angel inside. I was not two faced. I was blood seeking, nothing but that.

"CARL!"

A hand came on my shoulder. Luckily, it was not my dad, but Daryl. The only plus to that was it was not my dad. Unfortunately, it was a person. I turned to face the despicable face of a man who saw me as I was and did not think to try and cover it. The worst part, we weren't even related.

"We need to stop here. We can't keep going."
"Why not?!"

I saw Maggie take caution, her fingers slithering on the handle of the knife like tiny little serpents prowling at thought of sin, forgetting they hold sin, too.

Is that all you're going to think of?
Ew. Not this voice again.
Are you just going to think of everything and everyone as sinners?

Yes.

Sinners are the worst kind of people. I don't count myself in this, of course. The devil is sin. People who take after hi-me, sicken me and I hate them.

Everyone sins.

"Because we have to rest."

As Daryl's voice zoned back into my focus, I looked as the group found a opening in the grass that peeked in front of woods. My dad had trouble even sitting on the grass as his face contorted with the pain he felt.

"You guys can. I'm goin'."

I turned back around, the force knocking his hand off of my shoulder. A moan came from the woods as I continued walking death's journey. I turned, holding my knife in my right hand and cautiously keeping my gun in mind, as a walker stepped out, heading towards me. I grinned, laughing sarcastically as the wasted space kept limping to.

"Cute..."

The walker was once a woman. The long, greasy hair, that half of was ripped off, exposing the decaying scalp of the entire piece of trash, gave off the effect. If that hair wouldn't have been there, I wouldnt have been able to tell.

"Where'd you rise from?"

As the hand that exposed bone, and that barely looked like a hand anymore, came to my face, I grabbed the walker by the shoulder, jabbing it's forehead with my knife. But, I didn't stop after that.

It was addicting. I must have used that walker's forehead as a target 20 times before I crouched down, tearing it's stomach open. The knife jabbed through the old shirt covering the walker and the skin teared open, releasing the view of the inside stomach. Every time the knife came down, blood would jump and hit my face and splatter to my arms.

"Carl..."

Daryl stood there as he held his crossbow at his side and it shook a bit as his bottom lip pursed and he stood there looking at me. I realized the whole group was doing the same thing. I slowly stood back up, straightening my back, and watching as their eyes followed my movement. My face felt hot and I could feel myself burning with anger. I took my sight off the group, looking down and spitting on the walker as I stormed foreword, not listening to anything they were to shout at me.

"Carl! Carl!"

It was all a blur. The words they said were not to protect me, but other people. Other people who would kill like I did, just wouldn't get caught.

"Hey, lil man,"

The voice I now heard was unfamiliar. The strength of the hand that pushed me from the ground was unfamiliar as well. I hit the ground hard, not moving afterwards as I felt a barrel of a gun come to the temple of my head. When that happened, I could hear the rest of the group yelling. I could even hear jaws being knocked and guns being cocked.

"You lost?"

The deep voice continued. I looked up to see a man with a clear face, no beard, no anything, yet his brown hair that was covered with a blue bandana was long enough to count as sideburns.

I was able to look from the corner of my eye to the rest of the group, and even though I didn't have a clear vision, I could tell that people were on them, too.

People? Serpents.

These kind are the worst: the ones just like you.

Serpents. The ones who kill. The ones who sin. The ones you have warned yourself about forever.

Don't let them see you cry.

-

Hello lovely beings :)

Oh my god I cant believe I'm at 13k!
I have only been writing this for like a month and I'm only about halfway through!

Anyway:
I
AM
IN
LOVE
WITH
THIS
CHAPTER.

This chapter. I don't know it just really sets a mood. It will also have a BIG part in the tittle of this story.

-

Also, if you are reading this, I REALLY hope you continue bc I love writing and sharing stories with other people and I also have so many more ideas that you will not want to miss!

-

Love you!
~colette