Chapter 5-The Wish Granter

Chapter 5

•Joslyn•

I walked slowly to the woods that were behind the house, altering the bag on my shoulder everytime it would start to fall.

I'm tethered.

The woods were my only soft place. I practically spent half of my life in the woods...

-FLASHBACK-

"Mom,"

I solemnly turned to my mom, holding my hackneyed, worn old rag dol to me tightly as my mom looked up at me.

"I'm scared."

I sat on the wooden and molded floor as she scooted across the floor on her knees as she came from the other side of the room. I leaned my chin on the windowsill, my ten year old self, looking as my dad stabbed walkers in the head in the front lawn.

"Oh, sweetie,"

She held my head to her chest as I nuzzled into the crook of her neck.

"It's okay. We're all scared sometimes..."

"Well...what can we do."

She sighed as she stroke my hair, looking down to her knees.

"Well sweetie, see the stars up there,"

She looked up to the sky out the window, pointing up to the stars as I nodded my head.

"Well, sometimes you can wish on them, and they deliver them to...The Wish Granter."

I looked up in awe as I squeezed my doll tight.

"Can I try?"

She kissed the top of my head, pulling back and she smiled.

"You go right ahead."

I wish that we stay safe in this world and always stay together.

-

Liar.

I pointed my gun up to a yellowish bird with a brown back sitiing up in a tree. I had no idea of what its name was, my mom only had so much time to teach me...

I positioned my finger on the trigger, getting ready to pull it, when I heard a gunshot from behind me, seeing the bird fall to the ground. I turned, seeing the boy graze me, walking to get the bird as I stood there dumb founded.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping you."

He replied. I think that was an even more unbelievable lie than the other.