Chapter 4-I Know

Chapter 4

•Carl•

I woke up the next morning, looking out the window that Joslyn was under. She was still practically stuck to the wall. The sun was just rising, making odd shadows with all of the trees crowding in front of the view.

I covered the sun with my hand, blocking my eyes and I focused to Joslyn. Her feet kicked and she was almost having a seizure in her sleep till she shot up, catching her breath and her eyes fluttered over and over till she gained focus. She sat with her knees to her chest and she stroked her hair on the top of her head back tight, covering her eyes as she trailed down.

"You okay?"

She peered over her shoulder the slightest bit, almost as if she didn't even want to bother with me, and she looked back down.

"Of course, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be."

She started to get up and she slung her bag over her shoulder, taking her knife out of her pocket.

"Well, you just..."

I watched her gather her things as she headed toward the back screened doir that was more just like a frame and no screen left.

"Where do you think you're going?"
"Hunting, deer always come out early."

I slumped back down in the couch. Crossing my arms.

"You ain't moving?"
She asked surprised.

"No..."
"Oh..."
She set her bag down on the ground for a moment.
"I just thought you'd get mad..."

I smirked. I stood up, helping myself with my hands.

"Why? You want me to be mad?!"
"No..."

I turned around the couch, going to head in the kitchen, when Joslyn called me.

"Hey,"
I turned my head around the large frame.
"You talk in your sleep, you know."
She said.
"You said something about Anthony...is that your name."

My mind, my heart, and my conscience were all going in different directions.

She's so different from the way she acted yesterday.
I thought.
She is special. Don't let her go.
I felt.
Please, you just want to kiss her and hold her hips.
I knew.

"No, no it's my middle name...my mom chose it for me."

I looked down, feeling my insides burn and turn to ash as I felt like nothing was left.

"Well,"
I looked back up at her.
"What is your name?"

"It's C- well...I thought you already gave me a name; "Blue Eyes"

I saw here cheeks get red and her eyes smoldered as the copper started melting into her. She bit her lip of embarrassment and laughed before she was heading out and turning to me.

"Bitch..."
She whispered.
"That's a good name, too."
She turned back to me again, this time not saying anything, and headed out.

I won.

I smiled. I have never smiled like that unless Michonne would bring me back something she would find while we were at the prison.

She is special...
I felt my heart beating faster and my stomach turned as it did. I breathed heavily, realizing what had just happened.

I had a conversation with a person my age. A girl. We even laughed. My dad and I never had a real conversation, they were just usually serious or dangerous ones. Most of them weren't even conversations, most were just him yelling at me.

She understands me. She knows what I'm dealing with...she just wont show me.

I assured myself.

I grabbed by knife and my gun, seeing it was too early that the rest of the group usually got up, and I headed out the same way Joslyn did.

She doesn't want to show you.
I knew.