Chapter 40-Moments

Chapter 40

•Carl•

Joslyn and I only slept for about three hours. I woke up before her as she laid by me on the bed. Her hands were under her pillow as her cheek was laid on top of it. I laughed at how her cheek was squished against the top of the pillow. I couldn't help but laughed at how adorably clumsy she was.

"Hey,"

I nugded her shoulder, just enough that she would wake up. She did wake up, but she didn't get up. Joslyn turned herself over, burying her face in between all the pillows. She muttered something, but I couldn't make it out. Kowing the mood she was in right now, it was probably a complaint. 

"C'mon, babe! Get up!"

"No!"She whined.

I sighed, smirking as here face was like a turtle, yet she was cuter...and more stubborn. I crawled over her, my stomach pressing to her back. I blew on her ear, her hair scattering on her face. She winced, scrunching her face up.

"Will you get up now?"

I asked, pleading by saying my words stretched. 

Her head shook. I sighed, deciding there was one thing to do. Yes, Joslyn was a bad ass, but she did have a weakness.

"Rawr, I'm a walker."

I teased her as my hand slid in between her scrunched neck, tickling her until I finallly head a mufled laugh. She turned on her back underneath me, yelling things along the line of stop, trying to get me off of her.

"You have three seconds to get up, or the walker bites you.

I started counting as she struggled underneath me, finally managing to sit up infront of me. 

"I'm up! I'm up!"

"Oh, too late, you're dead."

I shrugged, messing with her as she smirked.

"Damn, I was killed by one ugly ass walker."

She threw back at me. I squeezed my lips together, letting her win out of all of our sarcastic comments. She smiled, giving me a kiss a she hopped off the bed. She grabbed her bag, grabbing her shirt that was on the floor, stuffing it in. She looked back, seeing that I was looking, then she pushed it further down inside. I laughed, trying to hide it, but I couldn't, and she rolled her eyes and went to look out the window.

I smiled. When she looked outside, I saw her smile. It was like I was sharing the moment with her. I could imagine the different shades of green that blanketed the view of the sky. I could see the birds smile back at her. I loved it. I was glad i could love the moments with her forever...

"Hey,"

I looked up at her as she called me indirectly from the window.

"The sun's comin' up. We should get goin'...'

She walked towrds the door, and I followed her out. We walked down the steps to meet the rest of the group. They were all in somewhat of a circle, and they looked like they were discussing something. I stood a step behind Joslyn, the railing pressing to our sides as we stood by it.

I cleared my throat and Maggie was the first to look up at us. When she did, her green eyes were like a sign to the rest of the group, a sign flashing to Joslyn and I. The room was like a school room after the teacher had just yelled at someone. But before, they were whispering, and it was definitely about someone...or more than one. 

"Good morning Carl and Joslyn," Maggie said, a smiled draw on her face after she took a breth.

My dad put his hands on his knees, standing from where he sat, as he headed to our old kitchen. I didn't see him walk in there, but I remember that when he would get upset, he would walk in ther and look at all the pictures held to the fridge my magnets. Then mom would go comfort him...

"Good morning..."

Michonne leaned against the wall near the grotesque fireplace, everyone else sitting down on patched furniture. Michonne looked over everyone, realizing no one was going to speak, so she cleared her throat, standing up and ejecting herself from the wall.

"Carl,

Maggie stood up.

"Can we tal to you?"

Michonne flinched her head to the door. Joslyn and I headed down the steps. Joslyn stayed at the bottom. I grabbed her hand from behind, squeezing it as I followed Michonne and Maggie out the door. When i looked back, Joslyn awkwardly stood there, and I heard Daryl call her over by a nickname.

I could tell this moment was going to be bad.

I followed Michonne and Maggie to a tree with stumps all around. Michonne crossed her arms, leaning against the tree with her leg bent and her foot against it and Maggie at on a stump, a smirk on her face.

"So...Joslyn..."