Chapter 45-At Perilous

Please read everything.

-

Chapter 45

•Carl•

We were on the railroad tracks again. It was like they were a path. Everytime there's a dilema, a problem, or you just need to run, you just went to them. They were better than people sometimes.

Right now, we were heading to Perilous. Jimmy lead the way and the rest of us followed behind. Glenn, Daryl, and Maggie were in front of us, and Michonne was behind where Joslyn and I walked side by side. Scott must have been behind us, too. I held onto Joslyn's hand tight. She was taken.

"How the hell are we gettin' there?"

"Daryl keep that whining up and we'll never get there," Michonne joked with him.

"Well, we aren't really sure. The signs just said Perilous. They're all over the tracks."

"That's good then, just stick to the tracks."

We all agreed with Michonne, except Joslyn. She was so used to this life. She didnt want another. She didnt even like the one she had before this one. I looked to Joslyn, seeing her biting her lip.

-

We kept following the tracks until night came. Scott and Jimmy told us that we were probably getting close to Perilous. Well, Scott told us. Jimmy just stood there next to him as he shook his head in agreement.

"We should stop here," Daryl told us as he pointed to a small opening in the woods.

Michonne began setting up the rope with cans attached to it. I like calling it the Walker Ass Blocker. I laugh to myself every time I call it that in my head. Maybe I don't have to grow up just yet...

"Hey," I recognized the southern accent right away.

Maggie raised an eyebrow as I turned around and greeted her.

"I think you might want to go check on your girl, or your babe, or whatever boys would usually call their girlfriends at this age."

I raised my eyebrow at her now, laughing.

"Really?"

"Just go check on her!"

She whacked me with a cloth that she held in her hand as she then handed it to me.

I looked around, seeing Joslyn sitting on the tracks. I ran over to her, sitting next to her, but she just kept looking down.

"Joslyn...babe?"

She slowly looked up to me as her eyes glistened with water, placing a gentle kiss on my lips, then she just looked down again as she traced something on the ground with a stick.

"I don't want to go to Perilous, Carl. Going there means getting a whole new life. That's a bit hard when you've just adjusted to one..."

"But, Joslyn, you can have another one. A better one. That's why we've been surviving. To stay alive."

"But what if we're not together."

I swallowed, knowing that she was going to ask me that soon. It was too soon.

"I don't want a new life, Carl, even though I sure as hell don't like this one...let's just put it at that."

Her hand wrapped around her stomach, right where the blood stain was. I quickly reacted to the look of pain on her face, started to lift the hem of her shirt, and it went downhill from there. She whacked my hand away, still looking down, but I could tell that if she were to have looked at me, she would have me cold.