Chapter 33-Before

Chapter 33

Joslyn

My arms wrapped around Aaron's neck, and they were crossing in the back. The hug felt so unreal. He could have been dead, but I knew he wasn't.

When the world wasn't shit, when kids walked on the streets with soccer balls instead of guns, and before everything wasn't taken, I had an amazing life.

Other than the problem with my parents protecting me than the wrong things, and also barely deserving that tittle, I was fine. Aaron was at least two years older than me, and he was like a big brother I never had, so he kind of was a replacement with my parents. That's how I knew he wasn't gone.

When this whole waste of earth started, this virus among the world spread, Aaron sat with me in a tree as I did some...thinking. I was my eight year old self and I was scared. I didn't want to admit it, but I was. He made it better. He sat there with me in complete silence, but I knew what he was doing. He knew it somehow comforted me. Walkers were below our dangling feet as we sat there, trying to escape as they came, and I will never forget what he said to me...

"Go. I'll find you and we can actually talk. I'll distract them. I learned this in a video game..."

Maybe I was the smarter one, but he was the bravest.

"I'll find you again. We can talk...."

-

My mind checked in again as I released my grip on Aaron.

"I can't believe it."
He began.
"What..."
"I actually found you."

A smirk formed on his face and I smiled back. We broke our stare as we looked back to the boy who attempted to kill me earlier. He scratched the back of his head as he began to step foreword.

"Oh...you...you know each other."

My lips squeezed together and I raised my eyebrows sarcastically, nodding my head.

"Yea...uh- sorry about..."
"It's okay."

I nodded.

I turned back to Aaron, smiling as he looked down to me. His eyes were still as bright and brown as I remember with a refreshing gold tone in the middle. His hair was just as jagged as it always has been and his skin never looked so tan.

"Did you come up here to see me?"

He asked, almost surprised.

"Yes, yes I did, Aaron, I just really needed to retrieve that promise."
"What promise?"

My face went blank as my whole body went in shock. I couldn't believe what he just heard.

Maybe he never really listened to what you were saying to him.
Maybe you should have stayed.

And why should I have stayed?!

Carl listened.

Did I make the right decision on coming here? The only reason I came is that I knew that Aaron could protect and lead. But, this world can get emotional, and Aaron did not lime tear stains on his shirt.

"Hey,"

I looked to see a man head in the door, followed by two girls who looked about eighteen. The man who wore the blue bandana walked over, in a moss green jacket with a whole bad ass outfit, to Aaron. His face looked a bot beaten, yet he didn't have a look of a bad ass. His brown hair was perfectly trimmed and he had no beard, sideburns, or anything. He was tough though...right?