Chapter 39-Stupid

• Dedicated to mixed-fanfictions

Chapter 39

Carl

"June 27th."

Right now, Joslyn's head rested on my shoulder, and her hands roped around my waist, as her fingers latched and fell against my hip. We sat on the roof as our feet dangled over the edge. It wasn't my idea to come outside; I was enjoying our moment in there, yet Joslyn pulled back to breathe and she headed over to my old closet as she hooked her bra back together, and pulled out an old jacket of mine from the closet, putting it on her back and zipping it up.

"What?"

"June 27th. That's my birthday."

I felt her fingers squirm out of the end of the sleeve an they stroked up and down on my hip, through the shirt I had put on. I looked down at her to see her shining eyes look up at me.

They look like gold, not copper.

The sun shined at just the right angle. She looked so peaceful. She wasn't mad, scared or stressed. She just looked like herself. She was gold.

She smirked at me as her head buried into my neck and I gave the top of her head a kiss.

My hand rubbed up and down her back The cotton of the jacket made me look at the light grey that covered her skin.

Why did we come out here? Why did she have such an urge to put the jacket on?

I remember the look on her face when she stopped to see me lying on the bed. Before that, she rested on top of me like a light feather as her lips glided across mine. Her hands were lying on my chest and my hands held her cheeks, and then slid down to her undone bra. Her hands tensed, helping her pull back and her arms held her straps to her.

I looked to her eyes. In that moment, they were brown. Copper. Her breathing was slow yet heavy, and she stared at me as if I had told her I was dying in a week. She straddled my waist on her knees and I rested my body weight on my elbows, then I followed her by holding myself up on my hands. She got up as got the jacket from the closet. She finished zipping it up and then turned to face me.

Her eyes looked me up and down as I continued to lay on the bed, thinking she was going to join me. Instead, she looked down at her shoes as she walked quickly over to the window, lifting it as she climbed out on the roof. I stood up, looked out to her, and I was about to go out, until I realized I had no shirt on.

I thought about why she looked so worried when I picked my shirt and hat off of the floor. I put my hat on, and then I joined her...

"Why did we come out here. Well, you."

"What?"

She seemed the same. Nervous.

"Why did you come out here. I was having fun."

I joked with her, getting a smile out of her.

"I don't know..."

Her spine went stiff, and her hands were removed from my waist. I looked at her as she set her hands by her sides. I scooted closer as I tilted her chin up with my finger so she looked at me.

"Joslyn..."

She sighed.

"I didn't like it. I mean, I did..."

I tried not to laugh as I knew she felt sad. I just had to listen.

"And?"

"I don't know. I felt like it was rushed. I mean, we're fourteen."

"Actually, I'm fifteen."

She gave me a are you kidding me look, then she sighed. I didn't know what was wrong. I thought she was Miss Joslyn Bad ass Harris.