Chapter 41-Grown

Chapter 41

•Carl•

The air seemed to blow only on me. My body went cold and I heard nothing but the wind blowing on my ears, and all I saw was Michonne and Maggie waiting for me to answer Michonne.

"What do you mean?"

Michonne flinched her head down to Maggie, then i understood. I squeezed my lips together, shutting my eyes tight as I reminded myself that Maggie happened to be upstairs last night, and also happened to figure out that Joslyn and I were in the same room...with the door locked.

"Oh, Maggie!"

"Sorry Carl, you know I can't keep my mouth shut!"

She crossed her legs, throwing her hands up.

"Yea, I know."

I said sarcastically.

"So, what were you doing yesterday."

"Nothing, we were just talking."

Maggie didn't believe my answer, I could tell. She raised her eyebrow, smirking like she knew something. Like she was hearing a lie.

"Carl-"

"I know, I know."

I sighed, looking down. Michonne looked down to Maggie, smirking at her, then they both sighed.

"Carl...do you love her."

"I...I think so."

Michonne smiled.

"Well, one thing I know you have to do, is not let her out of your sight. If you love her, don't let her go,okay?"

I smiled and nodded. Michonne's eyes looked watery. She took one deep breath and a tear fell down her cheek with it. Maggie stood up, giving Michonne a hug, but I had no idea why.

"Michonne..."

Maggie let her go, and Michonne held my head in a very uncomfortable way, but I think she meant for it to be a hug. I looked to Maggie as Michonne was trying to do something, I don't know what, but it seemed like she wanted to strangle me.

"Just go with it..." Maggie whispered.

"Don't grow up too fast," Michonne pleaded.

•Joslyn•

Carl Followed Michonne and Maggie out the door, looking back to me in assurance. I could feel myself shriveling. My whole body seemed stiff, as if a sign that this was probably not a comfortable situation. I looked to Glenn and Daryl, but they were all already looking at me.

"Um..I'm gonna go find Rick..."

Glenn said insecurely, looking to Daryl. He pointed behind him with his thumb as he got up and walked through a doorway, and Glenn left just me and Toughie.

"Uh, Joslyn."

Daryl's voice was shaky and he cleared his throat after he spoke.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure..."

He patted the seat next to him that was now empty from glenn's absence. I sat down, and Daryl looked just as unsure as I did.

"Uh, you know, I've known Carl for quite some time now, and I've always made sure he was okay. You know, Rick hasn't exactly been with the whole parenting thing...

"So, I've always made sure that Carl had everything he needed. Now I hear he's all grown..."

My cheeks got red and I looked at the molded wooden floor.

"So I just am glad that he's found a nice girl. I gotta look out for you, too."

My skin wasn't hot anymore, yet it felt warm, and it went back to its normal color. I looked up at Daryl, and he didn't have any smile on his face, yet I could tel he was at least smirking on the inside.

"What..."

"Well, you know, you're apart of this group, and you're the little man's girlfriend..."

He laughed, giving me a little nudge, and i couldn't help but laugh with him.

"So, if you're apart of this group, you're apart of our family. You're like my daughter, I'm like your dad."

I choked on those words.

"I've never really had a father figure to look up to. He didn't exactly receive that title. It was worse in the apocalypse...he pretended that he cared."

"Hey, you know, us assholes gotta stick together."

I smiled.

"Thanks Daryl."

"Hey, Shortie; I'm your dad now."

I gave him a hug, yet I was about to cry, so it was kind of a weak hug.

"Hey,"

We heard a voice come from the doorway,and Glenn stood with a smile on his face, yet his hand held his bag in a nervous way.

"What did I miss?!"

I laughed and Daryl stood up, gently whacking the back of Glenn's head. I didn't hear the sound of Daryl's hand smacking against Glenn's skull though because the back door slammed with panic. Maggie, Carl, and Michonne ran in the house as Michonne warned us.

"Walkers. They followed us."

"Let's move."

Daryl let everyone go first, and felt Carl grab my hand as I ran with him.

"Oh, Carl,"

Glenn called.

"Your dad is in the kitchen. You might want to go get him, I have no idea what he's doing."