Chapter 35-Time

Chapter 35

Carl

I could feel the betrayal scarring my memories. It didn't help how I was looking directly into her eyes, but I couldn't look away.

How is she going to react to the new you?

I don't care. She's going to accept the new me.

As my dad was throwing all these questions at me, all I heard were the ones that Michonne was shooting at Joslyn.

"Are you okay?! Where'd you go?! Do you want to come with us?!"

My dad stopped as him and Daryl followed where my eyes looked. Daryl didn't really have an expression on his face, yet it seemed a bit joyful. I didn't get to see how my dad reacted. He looked down, sticking his hands in his pocket as I stared at him, coldly. I hoped he felt me staring at him, and I hope he got my message. Daryl walked over towards the girls, and I aimlessly trailed by him, keeping my stare on my dad.

"Hey, short."
"Hi, Daryl."

I was faced sideways as I turned my head to my right as my chin was parallel over my shoulder, catching my gaze with a person I utmost did not want to look at right now. Joslyn looked down, blinking slightly, as she whimpered while she talked.

"Hi..."

I squinted, stepping close enough for her to see the tips of my shoes as she looked down in protection for her conscience.

"What?!"

I asked sternly, not meaning it as a literal question.

"Carl."
Maggie warned.

"I have a name! What, did you forget it?!"

Her head flinched to the side at every word I yelled at her.

"What?! You can remember your birthday and you can't remember MY FUCKING NAME?!"

Her arms were crossed against her chest as she hugged herself. My fingers gently nudged her, and my next shot was a shove. She took it. She stood there taking the whole time I was yelling at her and pushing her.

She stumbled back at the next one, and she finally looked up at me.

"What, Blondie."

She took a step as her hands grabbed my shoulder, pushing me back, and the adults finally decided to come in.
Daryl pulled me back as Maggie stepped in the middle.

"What?! Remember your nickname?! Remember all those times I talked to you. I helped you. I SAVED YOU."

I spat from behind Daryl, reminding her of one more thing.

"I'm pretty damn sure that's my jacket 'round your waist."

She looked down at the dark, navy blue jacket that tied her skin. When she looked up, no one really knew what to do at that point. I smirked as I came with an idea in my head.

This is my group.

"C'mon,"

I walked towards the woods, stopping to see that they all stood there. I had a plan. Yes, Joslyn remembers her birthday. Yes, of course she remembers her nickname...I remember mine...

But this was different.

"We're goin' back."

I headed in the woods, not telling them why, but I had my reasons. This was my story now. My time.

"C'mon, Joslyn, lets go. I'll catch you up."

I heard Michonne say to Joslyn.

Yep...your time.

-

Sorry it's short, but this is kind of just a fill in chapter, but it is still very important.

And oh my god! 16k reads?!?!!!
That's amazing!
I love you all so much!
I'm always getting nice comments and messages and even on Instagram you guys are always asking for another chapter!

It's so nice to know people like my story! I know I love writing!

Also, you guys are going to LOVE the next two chapters. I GUARANTEE IT. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT.

-

~c.j.