Chapter 44-Turn

Chapter 44

 •Carl•

I wanted to die with her. I'm not saying she was dead, but the moment was. I din't even know what happened to her. I looked at her closer, seeing a bullet hole in her stomach. I looked up slowly at the two random guys just standing there, realizing something that was pretty obvious.

"Did you do this?!"

I walked over, urging my anger towards the boy. The man who stood next to him looked sheepish and weak. I was guessing he was the boys father, because the boy look no tougher than him. 

"I-I didn't-"

I got in his face, tugging at the collar of his outdated shirt. By now, Michonne would be dragging me away from him, but she wasn't. I just heard her call my name, yet Glenn was talking over her.

"Come on, we can lay her down in the cabin. I still remember some things Hershel taught me."

I threw the kids shirt back at him, following the rest of the group till we found the cabin we saw earlier. When we got in, it looked bigger than it looked from the outside. There was even a downstairs. Maybe we could stay here for a while. But what are we gonna do about dumbass 1 and dumbass 2. I was scowling both of them, even though they couldn't see me.

There was an old oak table in the middle of the first room we entered. Joslyn was set down on the table, and reality finally hit me:

Of course we had to stay here, dumbass. your girlfriend got shot.

I shook my head, heading over to the table, not being able to stay for long, The puddle of blood was spilling like a waterfall. Her eyes were bloodshot, her skin pale. Her stare was cold and blood drip from her mouth. I kept the same stare she did, but i left when Glenn told Maggie and Michonne to hold her down. Dumbass 1 came up, helping hold her feet, as his dad sat in the corner.

I ran outside to the deck, slumping to the floor and crying. I held my hands over my mouth, biting my fingers as I heard a scream

-

It was late as Joslyn was asleep on the table. Glenn had to put her under because the bullet went through so far. I sat by her, trying to ignore the conversation behind me.

"I didn't mean to! We were behind a bush and we heard her from the other side. I thought she was a walker. People don't come around here much."

"Around here?" Daryl asked.

"Yea. We live here. This cabin is ours."

"It was rhetorical."

I smiled at Daryl. I walked over, holding my gun firmly as I walked beside Daryl.

"Why are you guys all the way at the edge of Georgia?"

"Well, we were heading to Perilous."

"What?" I asked.

"It's a group. I don't know why they're named that. They have a boat, though. They're goin' over to Europe. Seein' if it's safe there."

I looked up at Daryl, and then he looked outside, seeing Glenn, Maggie, and Michonne on the deck. Then he looked back to me.

"What are your names?"

"Well, this is my dad Jimmy. I'm Scott."

The boy looked over to his dad.

"He doesnt talk much."

They were both skinny people. They didn't look strong at all. I questioned, but Daryl started to talk.

"You have no group?"

"No," Scott said.

"Well, you can come with us. We can use people with good amo."

My eyes widened in confusion. Daryl shook Jimmy's hand, then Jimmy and Scott went out to the deck, inviting everyone in. I guess we'd be staying here.

"daryl! What are you doing?"

"Little man, we can use them. They'll lead us to Perilous."

I nodded, understanding Daryl's decision.

Everyone came inside. I saw Scott looking at me in an odd way. I looked at Joslyn lying on the table. I was staying here, but I wasn't sleeping.

-

The only light I had was shining through the windows from the moon. I sat by Joslyn as I held her hand. her lips were still plump and even though her eyelids were closed, yet I could see right through them they were so white. 

Her shirt was folded up and a bandage wrapped her wound. I held where her hip was exposed, leaning over and kissing her. I saw her twitch and i went back to holding her hand. It got hotter and hotter everytime, then I felt her hand grip mine. She sat straight up, flinging herself over and screeching. I stood up, calming her as she held her stomach and breathed heavily.

"Sh, sh. Calm down. Joslyn, it's okay."

She lied back down and closed her eyes, holding her stomach and beathing slowly. when she opened, I half smiled, sitting back down. She slowly sat up on her elbows and looked at me.

"Hey, pretty boy, why are you up."

"Hey, hottie."

She smiled.

"I'm staying with you."

"Oh, yea."

She looked down at her injury, remembering it was there. She slid to the side, slowly and cautiously, patting the now empty area next to her.

 "C'mon."

I raised my eyebrow and she nodded, so I gave in, setting my hat down and lying next to her.

"Why are we still here?"

"Because, the too assholes who shot you own this house. Daryl made a deal with them and they're going to take us to Perilous. I'll explain it to you."

She nodded as she scooted closer to me. She didn't look very happy.

"What's wrong? Babe, we can have a whole new life if this Perilous is true."

"Yea, I know, but how could we just go on after all of this?

"I didn't like this life, even before the turn. How could we turn around and act like this never happened. How could we live?"

-

OMF I SUCK AT UPDATING.

Well, I finally did, so yeaaaaaaay!

Well, I want you guys to do me a favor and look up the meaning of Perilous...

-

c.j.