Not mine

Harry's POV

"Hey," she whispered from the bed. It snapped me back to reality.

"I love you." She whispered again with a smile and I hesitated to say it back. Should I? I don't love her. I debated myself but ended up saying it back.

I walked towards her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Harry whats wrong?" She asked sitting up.

Everything is wrong, nothing feels right Tess.

"Nothing is wrong." I faked a smile.

"Remember when we promised to be honest with each other no matter what?" She spoke again the question somehow made me nervous. I shot my head up to look at her.

I just nodded because my throat went dry and words are failing.

"Then can you be honest with me Harry, Are you still happy?" She looked straight in my eyes but her face and voice is calm and soft

"No." I answered closing my eyes while my head is facing the ground.

She cupped my face and tilted my head up.

"It's okay Harry. Look at me." She whispered slowly her tone never changed.

I opened my eyes and my gaze landed on her blue eyes. The blue eyes that badly reminded me of Taylor, everytime my eyes landed on her's when we are sharing a very intimate moment it was never Tess that I was thinking about but someone else who has the same blue eyes.

"Do you still love me?" She asked and tears started brimming on her eyes.

There was silence, my tears are threatening to cascade down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry," as the words slip my mouth her tears started to fall.

She just smiled despite the tears that is falling from her eyes.

Tears started to cascade down my cheeks but her thumbs are fast to wipe it away.

"I know Harry, I know. You never felt the same about me. I always knew that. Maybe you did love me but It was nothing like the love you've always had for Taylor." Her tears continued to fall and I sat there frozen.

"I've loved you since 2014 Harry, since the first night I met you but I always knew you've been stuck with her. Its never not easy to love you. You are a great man, a man every woman would want to spend the rest of her life with and I wanted that only I realized you are not, and never will be mine. Thats why when I've let myself love you I prepared myself for this day." She is still smiling like this never pained her.

"Tess, I'm so sorry." I managed to say.

"You don't have to. I know you love Taylor so much and that didn't change despite the years and everything you've been through together. I'm so thankful she gave me a chance to barrow you for a short time, and for that short time you made me so Happy but Harry you are not mine. It would be very selfish of me to keep you when she's been waiting for your return," she sighed.

"Thats why I'm letting you go Harry, I do believe that you love me you never failed to show that but I guess this is where we part ways. Go back to her and I'll be trying to go find the one for me." She handed me a plane ticket and my passport.

"Go back to your family, go back to Harvey and Taylor. I want you to know that I love you and I am so happy that you've been a huge part of my life and don't worry about me I'll be fine. I will be okay."

"Thank you for everything Tess. You don't deserve me, I'm not the one for you. But I'll never forget you." I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears away.