sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 15: ᴄᴀsᴇʏ

• Saturday | January 06, 2018 | 09:04am •

"In...conclusion...the battle...of Yorktown during...the American Revolution...in 1781 was...the greatest...battle of all time because..." I read aloud as I typed

*Knock Knock*

"Hey babe" Emerson said appearing at my bedroom door

"I gave you a key?" I asked while staring at my laptop screen thinking of a way to finish my conclusion paragraph without saying something I've previously said

"nah, you just didn't lock the door...as always"

He climbed up the ladder on my bed and leaned in to give me a kiss. I only half kissed him since my focus was on my essay.

"how'd the police thing go? they find a way to catch the person?" I asked

He's been at the police station all morning talking to the police about what happened early this morning at the studio. Luckily he has money so getting new equipment won't be a problem for him, it will be expensive though. But the studio is gonna be delayed about another two or three weeks so that the walls can be repainted, the windows fixed and this time a security system with some cameras.

"it's going, but knowing the police I don't know how far it'll go. all we know is that it was someone at the opening party"

"how do you know?" I asked

"because the doors automatically lock from the inside, after I walked that last guest out last night I made sure to lock them so they could've only been opened from the inside. that means someone must've stayed behind and hid, unless they have a key and only Damien and I have a key"

"what about—"

"before you even say Damien he wouldn't do it because one, I know him too well and two, he has helped me and invested his own money into this so it wouldn't make sense for him to sabotage something he's worked hard on to get back at me for no reason at all"

"so then who's salty ass did this?"

"that's exactly what the police asked. that's actually why I'm here, to talk to you about it. they asked me if I had any enemies or past exes that would try and get back at me"

"do you?"

"I don't, but Damien does. I never told you the full story about what happened and I think it's time you know. I've watched Damien keep this secret from the person he loved and it got him killed, I'm not gonna do that to you."

"okayyy"

"A long time ago, when Damien and I started doing what we were doing, Damien met this boy. I'm gonna skip to the end. So basically Damien filmed them without the boys consent and posted it. I didn't know about it until after and I thought it was really foul of him, but those were the days Damien was a narcissistic prick so he didn't give a fuck. anyways Damien ruined his life. The boy had gotten his scholarship to some fancy technology and medical school taken away from him. his parents even kicked him out and shit. so he wanted revenge which is fair. That revenge went so far that it ended up getting Adonis paralyzed and later killed"