sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 40: ɪᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴs

• Monday | April 23, 2018 | 06:25am •

"it's way too early to be up at this time" I said while walking into the kitchen

Emerson was standing over the stove making pancakes, I swear that's all he ever makes. showoff.

"yeah well our flight is in two hours so you gotta live with it. you want your eggs scrambled?" He asked while setting a plate of pancakes and sausage in front of me

"scrambled duh, fuck kinda question is that?"

"aight take mine, I'll make a new one" He said

I didn't know what he was talking about until I noticed a plate full of eggs right next to me. I grabbed it and dumped the whole thing on my plate before grabbing the syrup and bathing my food with it.

"now that's just nasty" I heard my mom say

I turned to see her walking in the kitchen with her coffee mug in hand and an empty plate in the other. She was all dressed for work as usual.

"Breakfast was amazing" She said to Emerson as she placed the dishes in the sink

"oh leave them...Tahj will wash it" He said to her

no he fucking won't.

"great. well I'm gonna head on out then. you guys have a safe flight home, and Tahjee make sure to lock the door when you're leaving"

"ma it's not even 7 yet, I know no law office is open right now"

"the office is all the way across town, by the time I get there it'll be 7, which then gives me an hour to review some past cases before starting work"

She didn't even wait for a response, with that she left to go upstairs. now you know where I get my rude, sarcastic, mean behavior from.

"I'm gonna go get ready" I said before taking another bite of my food and getting up to go upstairs

I quickly packed my bag, laid out my clothes and went to go shower. I tried to not take long knowing that Emerson had to get ready too. When I got back to the room he was stripping out of his clothes.

"my mom left?" I asked

"yeah, two minutes ago" He said before grabbing his towel and walking out

I got dressed then went downstairs to wait for him. This nigga really left the dishes for me to wash. I was gonna leave them but it was something for me to do while I waited so I plugged in my headphones and got to work. I swear anything can be enjoyable if you're listening to music, I had a whole 30 minute concert with the dishes.