sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 16: ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ʀᴜɴ, ᴏʀ sᴛᴀʏ?

• Sunday | January 06, 2018 | 02:33am •

"shit!" I cursed out loud after hitting my toe against Emerson's dresser

I'm gonna have to learn my way around his place even in the dark for circumstances like this.

I turned to make sure he was still asleep, which judging by the light snores coming from his mouth he was. I quickly made it out his room, slowly shutting the door behind me and went towards the stairs. The light in the kitchen was already on which allowed me to see walking down the stairs a bit.

When I got to his kitchen his sister was there with her headphones on while cutting up some fruit. She didn't notice me though until I went towards the fridge.

"oh hey...Tahj?" She said while taking off her headphones

"yeah"

"what're you doing up, it's like 3am. what my brother not putting that ass to sleep?" She joked

"eh it's more like the other way around, he's knocked the fuck out. but nah I'm starving and I can't sleep on an empty stomach"

I pulled out the leftover dominos and put some slices on a plate to heat up in the microwave. I know it won't taste the same but it'll get the job done.

"so tell me, how is he. my brother?" She asked before biting on a pineapple slice

"are you asking about his dick game, 'cos isn't that a little weird?"

"no...no. never that. I mean like as a person. I haven't seen him since early last year and it seems he's changed a lot. He's a new person, I'm guessing you have a lot to do with that?"

"well we only met like last month so I'm not gonna take the credit for something I didn't do. Since I met him he's been very motivated and committed to open his studio and make his grandfather proud of his work. I think that's what caused him to change and realize his priorities. He's told me about the kind of guy he was before but I can't see Emmy being that way ever"

"why would he want to make that cold-hearted, spiteful old man proud of him? They haven't spoken in years. My brother hates the man for what he did to us, that doesn't make any sense" She said looking confused

So obviously there's a huge part of that story that I don't know about.

The microwave finally dinged signaling that my pizza was ready. I took it out and began to eat in silence, mainly because I didn't want to speak on anything that I don't have the full story to. Minutes passed before she finally spoke up.

"Emmy though?" She giggled

"yeah, it pisses him off which is more reason to call him that. He doesn't complain about it anymore though"

"you really must have my brother wrapped around your little finger because he hates pet names and anything other than being called Emerson"

"yeah well he has the same affect on me. I find myself doing things I would never if not for him" I explained