sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 29: ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀs

• Friday | March 16, 2018 | 10:39am •

"finally, how you think you did?" Emerson asked as soon as I walked out of the classroom

"considering that I didn't get the chance to study last night and I was late, fine I guess" I shrugged

"well better than missing the whole test" He said before standing up

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of the building. It reminded me of earlier this week when Taye did the same thing. Speaking of, he's been awfully quiet this past week. Plus he didn't show up to the exam.

"should we stop by a McDonald's for breakfast or would you prefer me to cook?" He asked as we approached his car

"cook" I sighed, getting into the passengers seat

Yes this is the same car that last night had two flat tires. This morning though, it was magically fixed. Not even fixed, but it looked brand new, like the tires had never been driven on which makes me believe that this was all some sort of distraction. Who flattens someone's tire then when they're sleeping replaces it and why?

"Tahj, please stop thinking about it. It was late at night, maybe I was just seeing things" He tried again, I guess he reads minds now

The whole way back home he's been trying to convince me that there's no way someone would've replaced the tires while we were sleeping. They'd have to elevate the car, which would wake us up.

I don't buy that shit though because we were both exhausted last night, we pretty much would've slept through the British-American war. and before you assume that Emerson is somehow involved, just remember that I was sleeping on top of him. He would have to lift me up and place me in a certain way then get back under me without waking me up. Plus I have a feeling we both know exactly who did it but he's in denial, which is fine but I can't afford to be in denial.

"you don't want to believe it's him because you're not who he wants to kill, I'm who he wants to kill"

"and that makes it better for me how? me losing you would be much worse than him killing me, especially if it's because I did something to him"

"but you didn't...right? I'd rather you tell me now then me find out later" I asked

"no I didn't, you have nothing to—"

As he was talking my phone began to vibrate. It was a couple of texts from this unsaved number. I don't really save numbers, which I should because I always end up getting confused when I have to call someone I haven't talked to in a while. I opened the text and my eyes widened at the sight.