I

"Aye, Tanya, Ty said to come set the table." My brother, Tariq, said.

"Alright, I'm coming."

I got out my bed and headed downstairs. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the plates while Tariq grabbed the mats and utensils. With every mat he put down, I placed down a plate. When my hands were free, I helped him with the utensils.

I went back to the kitchen and grabbed three cups before Tyrell stopped me.

"Grab another one." He said.

"Rochelle coming over?" I asked, rolling my eyes in my head.

"Just grab another one, Tanya."

I grabbed another cup, plate, and mat before going back to the table. I placed the stuff down and Tariq placed down more utensils since he grabbed extra.

"Rochelle coming over?" He asked me.

"Apparently." I shrugged.

Let's pause for a second:

My name's Tanya Wilson and I'm 17 years old. I live with my two brothers, Tyrell and Tariq, in Sacramento. Our father died when I was 12 and our mom wasn't around.

Rochelle is Tyrell's girlfriend. If you couldn't tell, I don't like her. She's cheated on Ty twice and he still took her back which is why he can never give me relationship advice.

Now, let's go back:

"You really don't like that girl, huh?" Tariq laughed.

"Like her for what?" I asked, confused.

"Good point."

There was a knock on the door and I pretty much refused to answer it. I knew it was Rochelle so I walked over to the couch and took a seat. Tariq laughed and went to the door, opening it.

"Hey, Tariq." The roach said. "Hey, Tanya."

I threw up the peace sign and continued to scroll through Instagram. I heard her mumble something under her breathe but if she really wanted these issues, she'd speak up.

"Come on T." Ty called.

I stood up and walked over to the table, taking a seat next to Riq. We prayed before passing around the bowl of food. Ty made shrimp and chicken alfredo with garlic bread-my favorite.

My favorite? Wayment....

"Uh, Ty?" I called

"Wassup, tiny?"

"So I noticed that the day you invited Rochelle, you cooked my favorite meal. So, um, wassup?" I questioned, suspiciously.

"Nothing that can't wait 'til after dinner." He stated.

I was still curious but I was hungry so I ate my food. In the middle of me tearing down my alfredo, my phone buzzed.

Riq💞: he hiding something

most def👌 especially from me

I locked my phone and finished eating. When everything was done, Rochelle, surprisingly, offered to clear the table. Ty always made me and Riq do it so we definitely weren't protesting.

I stood up and headed back upstairs until I was stopped by the sound of Ty's voice.

"Tiny, can you stay down for minute. There's something I need to talk to you and Riq about." He said.

I sat down on the couch and Riq plopped down next to me. Ty stood in front of us with Rochelle next to him.

"So, um, Rochelle's moving in." He said.

I busted out laughing while Tariq just looked shocked. My laughing slowly died when I noticed Rochelle looking confused and Ty looking serious.

"Wait, you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Negative." I said, shaking my head.

"It's not up for discussion, Tanya." He said.

"So, we don't even get an opinion?" Tariq asked.

"Everybody's entitled to an opinion. It's just that your opinion isn't gonna change anything."

"Soooo, we gotta be uncomfortable in our own house? Cool." I stood up and went upstairs.

I closed my door and fell on my bad. You would think that they would've broken up by now but nooooooo, she's moving in. Ty knows we don't like her yet he's forcing us to be around her.

My door opened and I looked up, seeing Tariq. He walked over to the bed and laid down next to me. We both stared at the ceiling without a word until he spoke.

"Promise you won't fight her?"

"I can't do that cause I'll more than likely break that promise." I said.

"Fine. Promise you'll try not to fight her?"

I chuckled, "I promise."

He stuck out his pinky and I wrapped mine around his. I hooked my phone up to my Bluetooth speaker and went to my song list. I scrolled through until I found the one song that calms us both. I pressed play and closed my eyes, letting the music take over my thoughts.

I know it hurts sometimes but
You'll get over it
You'll find another life to live
I know you'll get over it

I know you're sad and tired
You've got nothing left to give
But you'll find another life to live
I know you'll get over it

A stray tear fell from my eye as I thought about the last five years. I thought about how our dad would sing this to us whenever we were crying. Eventually, I dozed off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Chapter🙃

Characters:

Top row (from left to right)- Tyrell, Tanya, and Tariq

Bottom row (from left to right)- Rochelle, Kianna, and Marissa

For starters, the song I used at the end was not 'The Way Life Goes'. I used the original song, 'Landslide', that Lil Uzi Vert sampled.

Secondly, if I decide to publish this book prior to finishing it, bear with me. I get writer's block frequently and eventually just stop writing. I'm trying to change that but it's gonna take awhile.

Anyways, let me know what you think about this chapter.

What do you think of Tanya?

How do you feel about her attitude in the situation?

Do you think Tyrell should've talked to Tariq and Tanya first?

Vote, comment, and share❤