XIII

Tanya's View

IT'S MY MFING BIRTHDAYYYY!!!! I'm finally 18 and couldn't be more excited. Kianna had a great idea to go to the beach so we invited the whole 'family' which included Ty, Tariq, Ms. Leslie, Bianca, and Dave.

When we got there, we found an area and sat there. Ms. Leslie packed some food and Ty brought some drinks. I took out my phone and snapped a quick picture.

I liked it so I sent it to Dave who was assembling a sandwich

I liked it so I sent it to Dave who was assembling a sandwich. He looked down at his phone and looked back at me, biting his bottom lip. I winked at him and he shook his head before grabbing his finished sandwich and coming over to me.

"You think you cute?" He said, sitting next to me.

"No, I know I'm cute and so do you."

"You right." He smiled. "Now cover up 'fore I gotta shoot somebody."

I wrapped my coverup around my body and sipped from my bottle of water. While sitting there, a girl walked up to us with a big grin on her face.

"Hey, Dave." She said.

They must be close if she's calling him by his real name...

"Wassup Keisha." Dave said, seeming irritated.

"Damn, I thought we were closer than 'wassup'." She chuckled. "Hey, Ms. Leslie and Bianca."

Hmm, she knows the family too...

Ms. Leslie and Bianca looked back at the girl before rolling their eyes and resuming what they were doing. Ty, Tariq, Kianna, and I all sat there confused but decided not to say anything. BUT THEN, the girl took a seat reeeaaaaal close to Dave and rested her hand on his.

"Ummmmm." I said, confused beyond life.

"Oh, hi, you must be a friend of Bianca's. I'm Keisha, Dave's girlfriend."

I chuckled, "That's funny cause I'm Tanya, Dave's girlfriend."

I noticed Kianna tie her hair up and I looked at Dave, waiting for him to say something. Anything.

"Tanya, baby, Keisha's my ex." Dave said, emphasizing 'ex'.

"Oh." I nodded. "How long were y'all together?"

"Tanya." Tariq said from behind me.

"I'm just asking a question, Riq."