II

The next day...

"He did what?" Kianna asked.

Kianna Johnson-the bestest best friend I could ever have. We've been bestfriends since the second grade and she's been by my side since. We tell each other everything so it's no surprise that we know more about each other's lives than the other.

"Yeah, you heard correctly." I said as we walked to lunch.

"So, y'all just have to live with her?" She asked.

"Yup." Riq said, walking next to us.

"Hey, Tariq." Kianna said.

"Wassup."

Kianna's had a crush on Tariq for as long as I can remember. There's only two problems-Tariq has a girlfriend and Kianna's older than him.

We entered the lunch room and sat at our usual table. I despised school lunch so I always carried a bag of snacks. I took out 3 bags of chips handing one to Kianna and another to Riq. Before I could open my chips, I got a message.

916-392-6169: hey, this Rochelle. Ty gave me your number

okay

I decided to save her number before texting her again.

Roachelle😐: is it okay if I bring you and Tariq some food?

"Aye, Riq, Rochelle asked if she can bring us food." I said.

"Hell yeah. I'm hungry as fuck."

"Alright." I laughed. "You want something, Ki?"

"Sure." She said.

yeah, that's cool

Rochelle🤔: McDonald's?

ooouuuu, yesssssss😆

Rochelle🤔: 😂okay, what do y'all want?

I want a 10 piece nugget meal w/ a Sprite and honey mustard. Get Riq the same and do you mind getting my bestfriend something?

Rochelle🤔: sure, same thing?

yes, thanks Rochelle

Rochelle🤔: no problem. I'll be there in 20 max

alright👌

I started to feel kind of bad for my attitude towards Rochelle. As rude as I am to her, she didn't have to bring me anything but she still chose to. Maybe this is her way of trying to win me over.

"She said she'll be here in 20." I said.

"Wassup, Tanya." Randy said, taking a seat next to me.

Randy Williams is a guy who likes me. Him and his crew are always around town with Smoke.

Smoke is THE biggest kingpin in Sacramento. He basically runs the whole city.

"What, Randy?"

"You going to Josh party this weekend?" He asked, placing his hand on mine.

"Maybe." I said, moving my hand.

"Well, if you do go, you tryna be my date?"

"Sorry, bruh." Kianna said. "She's my date."

"I can take both of you." He smirked.

"Or not." I said, rolling my eyes."Listen, Randy, I'm not interested."

"Man, fuck you." He said, standing up.