V

I'm thinking about publishing this book after about maybe the tenth chapter or maybe earlier. Hopefully, I don't get writer's block because I really like writing this book.

But, without further ado, this is chapter five. *Trey Songz vc*
---------------------------------------------------------

"Who was that?" Rochelle asked.

"Oh, just a friend of mine." I said, walking to the kitchen.

"In a Bentley? You got some rich friends."

"Yep." I said, taking out my burger and fries.

I sat down at the counter and started eating. I guess Rochelle had more questions because she sat in the chair across from me.

"Tanya."

I sighed, "Yes, Rochelle?"

"I just want you to know that you can trust me." She said.

"Can we talk about this later?"

"Tanya, I don't understand why it's so hard for you to forgive me. Your brother did."

"Well, I'm not my brother Rochelle." I said.

"Tanya, in the past, we use to be great friends. I saw you as my little sister. What happened?"

"Marcus happened!" I yelled.

Marcus is the guy Rochelle cheated on Tyrell with. But, there's more to it. Marcus was also my boyfriend at the time.

I was 15 and Marcus was 20 (I didn't know that at the time though). He told he was 17 and that he went to a different highschool and my dumb ass believed him.

"When are you gonna get over that, Tanya?! He was told old for you!"

"So that gives you the right to fuck him?!" I asked. "What ever happened to 'hey Tanya, I think I should tell you that your boyfriend is actually 20'?!"

"I wasn't even thinking about that." She sighed.

"Clearly! When you did that, all our buddy-buddy shit went out the window. Yeah, Ty might've forgiven you but everybody don't forgive at the same time. You gotta earn that trust back, Rochelle." And with that, I grabbed my stuff and headed to my room.

On the way there, I saw Ty looking at me but I really didn't care. I went in my room and I closed the door, locking it. I climbed in my bed and finished my food while turning the tv to BET. The Brothers had ended but Atl was on and that was my ultimate favorite movie.

I finished the food and threw it in the garbage can next to my bed. I started to get tired but couldn't fall asleep because somebody was clearly trying to make a baby. I packed an overnight bag and dialed Kianna's number.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding as tired as I was.

"Hey, can I come over?"

"Ty and Rochelle?"

"Yeah."

She chuckled, "I'll leave the door unlocked."

"Thanks."

I hung up and grabbed my keys. Placing the bag on my shoulder, I walked out the house. Climbing in my Jeep, I drove to Kianna's house. When I pulled into her driveway, I texted Riq to let him know I was gone.

I'm at Kianna's house

Riq💞: lol, I'm at Marissa's

Laughing, I turned off the car and grabbed the bag. Before I could get to the door, Kianna's dad stormed out.

"Uh, hey Mr. Johnson." I said.

"Hey, Tanya." He sighed, getting in his car.

I walked in the house and closed the door, locking it. Kianna was on the couch, consoling her mom so I went upstairs and put my bag in her room. Kianna had turned her bay window into a bed since I would stay over her house alot. I slid my shoes off and went downstairs.

"Hey, Tanya." Mrs. Johnson said. "Are you hungry?"

"No, thank you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, baby. Thanks for asking."

She stood and went upstairs while Kianna just sat on the couch, staring into space. I grabbed her hand and we went to her room. Closing the door, I pulled her into a hug as she cried on my shoulder.

"He cheated, T." She cried. "After almost 30 years of being with her, he cheated."

I didn't know what to say so I just rubbed her back. When she finally calmed down, she sat on the floor and sighed.

"Enough of my problems. How was school?"

I shook my head and took a seat next to her. "Crazy as fuck."

"Explain." She said.

"So, at lunch, I was tired as hell and wound up falling asleep. I get woken up by water being splashed in my face and I'm somehow in one of the empty classrooms."

"How you got in there?"

"That's the gag, sis." I said. "I look around and see Randy, his crew, and Smoke. Smoke made everybody clear the room and shit to make his usual attempt to scare me. Didn't work, obviously, so I went back to the cafeteria."

"Wow."

"I'm not even done." I laughed. "So, I decided to skip last period and go home or something. I let Riq drive us today so I had to walk. I guess Smoke spotted me so he picked me up and took me to In-N-Out."

"Okay." She nodded.

"Long story short, we went to his house, ate, watched TV, kissed, and I went home."

"Wait," she said. "run that back. Y'all did what?"

"Went to his house?"

"After that."

"Ate?"

"After that."

"Watched tv?"

"Bitch." She laughed. "Where y'all kissed?"

"Ooooh, that."

"Now, Tanya, you're my bestfriend and it's my job to protect you." She said.

"I know, I know. He's dangerous and yadda yadda yadda."

"BUT, because I know you're probably gonna hear that shit from ya brothers, I won't say anything."

"So, what were you gonna say?" I asked.

"That he's fine as hell and I'm proud of you."

I laughed and shook my head, standing up. "You're a mess."

I sat on the bay window bed and went under the covers. I got a text so I pulled out my phone and checked it.

Unknown: this smoke, save my number

umm, okay? why you texting me from an unknown number😕

Smoke💋💦: just save the number, Tanya

I did

Smoke💋💦: good, now go to sleep

you not my daddy🙃

Smoke💋💦: for now😉

"Ouuu, who you texting?" Kianna asked, taking the phone before I could answer. "I see you, sis."

She handed me the phone back and climbed in her bed. "Goodnight, Kianna."

"Goodnight, Tanya."

She turned out the light and I laid down, placing my phone on the charger. Turning away from the window, I threw the cover over my head and dozed off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts?

Tanya and Smoke?🤔

Tanya and Rochelle?🤔

Marcus, Rochelle, and Tanya?

Vote, comment, and share❤