XXXVIII

Later that night...

Dave's View

It was 11:30 at night when we drove to the house where we assumed Tanya was being held. The whole car ride, I stared out the window and remained silent. I had a lot of things on my mind: Was Tanya okay? Was our unborn child okay? What if she wasn't there?

Deciding to remove any negative thoughts from my head, I turned my attention to Sean and Randy who had been arguing for majority of the ride. I was so deep in thought that I had no idea what the hell they were going back and forth about anyway.

"Nah bruh-"

"Aye man!" I said, cutting Sean off. "The fuck y'all arguing about?"

"Randy talking bout that Rihanna finer than Beyoncé." Sean said.

"Cause she is!" Randy said. "I'm not saying Beyoncé ugly but she not as bad as Rihanna."

"Nigga are you blind?!"

"So all this time y'all been going back and forth about Beyoncé and Rihanna?" I asked.

"Yeah cause he tripping." Sean said.

"Both of y'all just need to shut the fuck up."

"Shad, who side you on?" Randy asked.

"Smoke's." Rashad said. "Shut y'all asses up."

"Beyoncé still finer." Sean mumbled, earning a death glare from Rashad.

"Ain't that the house right there?" I asked.

"Yeah." Randy parked across the street and shut off the truck.

Everybody grabbed a mask except for me. Call me dumb but I wanted all those motherfuckers to see me slit their throats. I tucked both my guns in my waistband before hopping out.

We all crossed the street and stopped when we were directly in front of the house. I signaled for Randy and Shad to go around back while Sean and I went through the front.

"You ready man?" Sean asked.

I chuckled lightly. "That's a dumb question, Sean."

We went to the front door and Sean picked the lock. I lightly pushed the door open and the house was pitch black. We both stepped in and took our shoes off at the door to avoid anybody hearing us. I wasn't too worried about rushing to get out cause everybody in this bitch was dying tonight.

I looked across the room and saw that Randy and Shad had done the same. You would think they would have an alarm system, right?

Wrong.

We all went upstairs after checking to see if there was anybody downstairs and split up to check the separate rooms. The first room I walked in was empty. In fact, it looked as if it hadn't even been occupied but I decided to check anyway.

After confirming that the room was empty, I went to check the next one. When I tried to open it, it was locked so I pulled out my gun and screwed on the silencer before kicking that shit down. Tanya wasn't in there but that Chris nigga was. He looked up with complete fear in his eyes and put his hands up.