Epilogue

Tanya's View

Today is my gender reveal and I'm beyond excited. It took a lot for me to wait until this moment to find out the gender of the baby but I did it. The party was extremely simple just like I wanted it. The reveal itself, I'm not too sure of what it is since Kianna didn't tell me.

The dress code for the party was all white. There were blue and pink cupcakes, Rice Krispie treats, M&M's, and a whole bunch of other sweets. There were also "Boy or Girl?" decorations.

Right now, I was sitting on Dave's lap at a medium sized table that seated me and Dave, Sean, Kianna, Carrie, Randy, and Rashad. Ms. Leslie, Aunt Cassie, Grandma Angela, and Aunt Cassie's husband (whom we met a few days prior) were seated together and Tyrell, Tariq, Bianca, and few of Dave's family members were seated together.

Kianna stood up from the table and went over to the DJ stand. The DJ stopped the music as Kianna grabbed the mic and began talking.

"Okay, everybody, it's finally the moment we've all been waiting for." She said. "Tanya and Dave, would you please go over to the empty area."

I stood up and Dave held my hand as we walked over to the empty area. I assumed that the reveal was gonna cause a mess seeing as though nobody was seated near this area.

"Okay, now, each of you grab a water gun." I was confused at first but I grabbed one anyway.

We each had a water gun and on the count of three we sprayed each other. As the water went onto Dave's shirt, my eyes watered when I noticed that the area that I sprayed his shirt was blue. Dave engulfed me into a hug as everybody cheered.

"We're having a boy." I laughed.

"Damn, I owe you $50." He chuckled.

In the first month of my pregnancy, Dave and I made a bet on the gender of the baby. Of course, having a healthy baby was most important but we still wanted to have some fun. If the baby was girl, I would owe Dave $50 and if the baby was boy, Dave would owe me $50.

I always said that whenever I had kids, I would want a boy first to protect his younger sibling like Tyrell protected us. I envisioned that I would be a bit older but God had other plans for me. All the things that I never saw myself doing, I wound up doing.

That one party a few months ago really changed my life. I met the man that I love, I gained some new friends, lost some fake friends, lost some of the people that I love, and I'm gonna be a mommy. If anybody told me this was gonna be my life at 18, I would've laughed my ass off.

I've learned not to underestimate what my life might become. Life is just a game created by God and we're all just a part of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End!

I wanna thank everybody who supported this book and were patient with me when I took extremely long breaks from the book

I'm working on the sequel now so the first couple of chapters should be up in a few weeks

I love and appreciate you all❤️