VI

The next morning...

"Shit." I groaned as I rubbed my thigh.

I just woke up and my clumsy ass fell off the window. I heard chuckling from beside me and looked up to see Kianna laughing.

"It's not funny, that shit hurt." I chuckled.

Standing up, I grabbed my toothbrush and went to the attached bathroom. Turning on the water, I began brushing my teeth.

"You tryna go to the park?" She asked.

"Mhm."

"Alright, I'll take your clothes out."

Kianna was always up before me so I knew she already took care of her hygiene. When I finished, I threw my hair into a messy bun and went to change my clothes. I changed into the basketball shorts and sports bra that Kianna laid out for me before slipping on a pair of socks and my red high top vans.

Kianna finished getting dressed so I slid my phone into my pocket and headed downstairs. The house was quiet so I assumed Mrs. Johnson was still asleep. I went in the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water and two granola bars. I walked outside, where Kianna was waiting for me, and handed her one of each.

The park was about 2 blocks from Kianna's house so we just walked there. Eventually we got there so we started walking the track.

"So, how's it going with Rochelle?" She asked.

"We got into a tiny argument yesterday."

"What about?"

I sighed. "She felt some type of way about me not trusting her enough to tell her about Smoke and I said she gotta earn that trust back."

"Which one of you brought up Marcus?"

"Me but only because she sat there and legit asked me why our bond isn't the same as it used to be." I said.

"Are you really over Marcus?" She asked.

"I gotta be." I shrugged. "Closure would be nice but I'm not getting it no time soon. I can't keep letting that affect my relationship."

"Relationship, huh?" She smiled.

"Shut up, Kianna." I laughed. "I didn't even mean it like that."

"Mhm."

" 'Mhm' my ass."

"Ain't that Smoke over there?" She asked.

I looked in the direction she was referring to and sure enough, there stood Smoke. Deciding to say hi, we walked over in the most casual way possible. We actually, purposely, walked past him and I guess he noticed cause within two seconds, I was pulled back by my shorts.

"So, you just gone walk right past me?" He whispered in my ear.

I laughed and turned to face him. "Hi, Smoke."

"Wassup, baby." He smiled. "And I told you you could call me Dave."

"I thought you wouldn't want me to in public." I shrugged.

"Good point." He said, looking down at me. "Where the rest of ya clothes at?"

"Home." I said.

He nodded before pulling off his shirt and putting it on me. Turning me around, he tied it so it wouldn't look too big on me.

"That's better." He nodded.

Rolling my eyes playfully, I shook my head and looked back at Kianna who was talking on the phone. I looked closer and noticed she looked pissed so I had to end this conversation.

"The fuck do you mean?!" I heard her yell.

"I gotta go, baby." I said, looking at him.

"Alright, I'll call you later."

He leaned down and pecked my lips before letting me go. I quickly walked over to Kianna just as she hung up the phone.

"What happened?" I asked.

"My dad is moving out and wants me to live with him." She said.

"Like hell you are." I said as we headed back to her house.

"Well, he said either I go voluntarily or he files for sole custody."

"Ummm, you're 17."

"Clearly, he doesn't care." She shrugged.

We walked in the house and went straight to her room. I sat on the floor and chugged down the rest of my water. My phone rang and I looked down seeing Smoke💋💦 would like to facetime.

"Hey, baby." I said, accepting the call.

"Wassup, you busy?"

"No, I'm bout to go in the shower."

"When you get out, text me Kianna address. I wanna take you out."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

I hung up and grabbed my towel, rag, and undergarments before heading to the bathroom. I closed the door and stripped from my clothes. Turning on the water, I waited for it to get hot before getting in.

While I showered, I thought about Dave. It was crazy how he was disrespectful to me less than a month ago and now he's so sweet and caring. Hell, he let's me call him by his real name.

I finished up and got out, drying myself off. I put on my undergarments and threw on Dave's shirt. I wanted to chill for awhile before going out so I decided to wait before texting Dave. I left out the bathroom and put my dirty clothes in a bag.

Kianna was laying on the bed so I jumped on her. She groaned before using all her strength to roll over. She sat up and laughed at the fact that I was just laying on my face.

"Aren't you going out with Dave?" She asked.

"I wanna chill for awhile first."

My phone dinged, indicating somebody texted me. I picked it up and saw it was Ty.

Ty💝: wya?

Kianna's house, why?

Ty💝: you ain't tell me nothing before you left

maybe because you're the reason I left

Ty💝: oooh, my bad sis😂

mhm😐 if she ain't pregnant by next month, something's wrong

Ty💝: haha😑 what you got planned today?

a date

Ty💝: date? With who?

Smoke

Ty💝: just be careful man

Locking my phone, I decided to pick out something to wear. While going through my clothes, along with Kianna's clothes, I heard rain outside.

"Oh, what the fuck?" I said.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Dave's number. After three rings, he answered.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry, baby. Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah, it's fine though. Wassup?"

"I know you said you wanted to take me out but it's raining."

"Wanna just chill at my house?"

"Uh, sure."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

Hanging up the phone, I began packing my bag. Kianna had fell asleep so I just wrote her a note. I texted Dave the address and within 10 minutes, he was outside. I stuck the note on Kianna's forehead and left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was kinda buzz but this is all I could think of right now.

Thoughts?

Vote, comment, share❤