XXXIX

One month later...

Tanya's View

"Tanya, you ready?" Tyrell asked

I quickly put on my gown and grabbed my phone and cap before walking out my room. Today is graduation day!!!!!! The very last time I'll be in that prison named Highschool. I went downstairs and took a deep breath.

"Yeah, let's go." I said.

Tyrell, Tariq, and I left out and got in the car. Dave, Ms. Leslie, and Bianca were gonna ride together and then Sean and Rashad were gonna ride together. Everybody I wanted to be at my graduation were gonna be there but not exactly who I needed.

While in the car, I thought about my dad. He would've been so excited for this day. His babygirl graduating. I remember when I was younger, he randomly came up to me and said...

"I'm gonna be happy when your brother graduates from high school but I'll be even happier when it's your turn."

Now, it's my turn and he can't even be here to see it. My eyes started to water but I quickly blinked the tears away to avoid messing up my makeup. Tariq must've known I was emotional because he leaned up to my seat and rested his head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"He's proud of you, you know."

I sniffled. "Yeah, I know."

"I'm proud of you too."

"Thanks, Riq."

Tyrell pulled up to the school and we got out, going to the auditorium. Everybody was seated in alphabetical order so I was in the back. Waaaaay in the back. Kianna was in the middle and Carrie was in the front but I was seated next to Randy.

"You excited?" He asked.

"Hell yeah." I laughed. "You?"

"Now you know I don't fuck with this school shit."

"I guess that means you're not going to college."

"Nah, are you?" He asked.

"I'm gonna try." I said. "I'll get back to you on that when I have this baby."

"Speaking of, do you what you're having?"

"Not yet but Kianna's gonna know and plan the gender reveal." I said.

"My invite in the mail, right?"

"Yes, Randy."

"That's wassup." He nodded. "Now shhh, the principal's talking."

Mr. Malcom walked up to the podium and the room got quiet. Fixing his tie, he cleared his throat.

"Good morning, everybody." He said.