XXII

Tanya's View

I woke up to the sound of the wall shaking from bass. Slowly sliding out the bed, I decided to take a quick shower. When I finished, I wrapped a towel around my body and went back into Dave's room. I rubbed my body with cocoa butter and put on my undergarments. I put on a Tommy Hilfiger crop top, jean shorts, socks, and my red suede pumas.

Going back in the bathroom, I took my hair out the ponytail and brushed it. I flat-ironed it this morning so it was good to go. Deciding that I looked good, I put my gold hoop earrings and went downstairs. I was a little confused when I saw the amount of people here since I thought it was a 'small get-together'. 

"Tiny!" I heard somebody yell.

When I looked back, it was Kianna and Carrie. I walked towards them and grabbed the red cup that Carrie was handing me.

"Thanks." I yelled over the loud music. "Y'all seen Dave?"

"Yeah, he's outside." Kianna yelled.

I nodded and walked out to the backyard. It was hard to find him in the crowd of people but I finally spotted him in a corner with Sean and Rashad. I walked over to them and stopped in front of Dave who was smiling at me. He pulled me to him and bent down to my ear.

"Wassup, baby." He whispered.

I tippy toed up to his ear. "Why are all these people here?"

"Sean invited these people."

I shrugged and went back inside. I started to get hungry so I decided to get my food that Dave put up. When I walked in the kitchen, Randy and his crew were in there.

Talk about deja-vu....

"Wassup, Tanya." Randy greeted.

I waved and opened the oven, taking out my plate. I popped it in the microwave for a minute and a half before adding some of the soda to my Ciroc. When my food finished, I took it out and decided to eat at the island. While eating, a chair from next to me was pulled out and when I looked over, it was Keisha.

"Hey, Tiana." She smiled.

Out of respect for Dave and his party, I stayed silent. I took a bite from my pizza and sipped my drink.

"No comeback this time?" She asked. "Wow, Dave must've really checked you."

She obviously wanted a reaction but she wasn't gonna get one. At least not right now. I finally finished my food so I threw my plate away and tossed the rest of my drink back. Walking back outside, I went over to Dave and wrapped my arms around his torso. He bent down and pecked my lips, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Kianna and Carrie came over, pulling me away from Dave. "Sorry but we need to talk to her."

I was pulled to a different corner where it was a little quieter. Kianna looked at me before tying back her hair.

"Who ass I gotta beat?" She asked.

"Nobody's." I laughed.

"Are you sure?" Carrie asked. "You look pissed."

I found it kinda funny when Carrie asked me that cause she's extremely soft spoken and she talked proper.

"Yeah, I-" I was cut off by Keisha walked over to us.

I mentally screamed and threw my head back on the wall. Crossing my arms across my chest, I stayed as silent as possible.

"Hi, again, Tamia." She said. "And peasants."

"Bitch, I'll show you a peasant." Kianna said, walking towards her but Carrie pulled her back.

"What can I help you with, Keisha?" I asked in a calm voice.

"Oh, we're being nice? Okay, listen, stay away from Dave."

"Or what?" I said.

She chuckled and mushed my head before walking away. Sighing, I walked behind her and yanked her back by her dry ass weave. I wrapped it tightly around my hand and pulled her down.

"Don't test me, Keisha." I said in her ear through clenched teeth.

I let her go and she turned around, slapping me. The music stopped. I held my face and chuckled before backhanding her.

"You bitch!" She yelled. "No wonder ya punk ass brother's dead."

"Oh shit." I heard Kianna mumbled behind me.

I saw nothing but red. Getting on top of her, I sent blows straight to her face. People kept tryna pull me back but I wasn't having that shit. When my body was finally pulled off of hers, she was unconscious.

Did I care, though? Not even a little bit

I didn't know who was holding me but I was carried upstairs to Dave's room. The door closed and when I pushed my hair out my face, Dave was standing there.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Tanya?!" He yelled.

"Don't yell at me." I said.

"You're so fucking immature!"

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled. "I'm tired of trying to be the bigger person! You don't even know what the fuck happened! You just know that I beat her ass and that makes me wrong?!"

"Tanya-"

"No! Shut the fuck up! You can yell and scold me all you want but when it's my turn to talk, you're gonna let me!"

My head started to hurt so I took a deep breath. I got up from the bed and grabbed my book bag.

"Where you going, T?" He asked.

"Home, Dave!" I said. "I'm going home."

I went downstairs and walked out the house, getting in my Jeep. Resting my head on the wheel, I cried. The passenger and backseat door opened and closed back. I already knew it was Kianna and Carrie so I kept my head down.

"Talk to me, Tanya." Kianna said, rubbing my back.

"I-I don't k-know." I said. "I-I just n-never got t-t-to mourn his death."

"Well, since she already unconscious, you want me to beat Dave ass?" She asked.

I chuckled and picked my head up, wiping my face. "No, thank you."

"Well, you wanna spend the night at my house?" Carrie asked.

When she said her house, she literally meant her house. Her parents were so rich that it was disgusting so she has her own house.

"Yeah." I sniffled.

"Alright, let's go."

I put the car in drive and pulled out of Dave's driveway. It's times like this I'm grateful for the friends I've made.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts?

Was Dave wrong?

Did Keisha deserve both asswhoopings?

Vote, comment, share❤