XXXI

A week later...

Tanya's View

"Yo, T, you good?" I heard Tariq ask.

It was my third time throwing up in the past hour and I had no idea why. Flushing the toilet, I got up and brushed my teeth. I gargled with mouthwash and spit it out before walking back into my room.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"What'd you eat?"

"The breakfast you made me." I said.

"Aye, I make you the same thing anytime I make you breakfast." He said in defense.

"I know, Riq." I chuckled. "I wasn't blaming you."

"You wanna tell Ty?"

"No, I'll be okay."

"Alright, well, you got $5?" He asked.

I pulled back my phone case and pulled out a $5 bill, handing it to him. He thanked me and stood up before sliding the bill in his back pocket.

"I'm going to the corner store. You want something?"

"A ginger ale." I said, laying down.

"Alright, I'll be right back."

When he left, I picked up my phone and went to my group chat with Carrie and Kianna.

Text to: Queens👑
🚨

Text from: Carrie to Queens👑
???

Text from: Kianna to Queens👑
What's wrong?

Text to: Queens👑
I've been throwing up like crazy

Text from: Kianna to Queens👑
Bitch👀

Text from: Carrie to Queens👑
Are you pregnant???

I stopped and thought about when Dave and I had sex. I don't remember him putting on a condom and I never realized it until now.

Text to: Queens👑
I think so

Text from: Kianna to Queens👑
I'm at CVS so I'll get you a test

Text from: Carrie to Queens👑
I'm omw to your house

Text to: Queens👑
Thanks

I stared at the wall for awhile, thinking. What if I really am pregnant? Will Dave be happy? Will he make me raise the baby on my own? Am I even capable of raising a child at all?

I wound up dozing off for a few minutes but when I woke up, the girls were laying down next to me and there was a ginger ale on my nightstand. I sat up and the girls looked over at me. Picking up the ginger ale, I took a sip before closing it and putting it back.

"How long have y'all been here?" I asked.

"Bout an hour." Carrie said.