XVIII

Tanya's View

I did not wanna be at school and it was obvious. My hair was thrown into a ponytail and I was dressed in black tights, a West Coast crewneck that I stole from Tariq, and white air maxs. My thigh was hurting and my pills hadn't kicked in yet plus my teacher was giving a lecture on sleeping in class-which I was doing.

"Ms. Wilson!" My teacher yelled.

"What?" I groaned.

"I apologize for interrupting your nap." She said, sarcastically.

Something I was not in the mood for. "Ms. Griffin, I'm not in the mood for the sarcastic bullshit." I snapped, lifting my head up. "You woke me up so what was it for?"

"I was going to ask you to move your bag for our new student but it appears that I don't need to. Especially because you're going to the principals office."

I shrugged and stood up, throwing my bag on my shoulder. The new kid sat at the table I once occupied as I left out the class. I contemplated going home but I would rather hear my principal complain than Ty complain. Although, I wasn't trying to hear either.

I walked to the main office and greeted the principal's secretary. "Hey, Ms. Royal."

"Hey, Tanya." She smiled. "What do you need, sweetheart?"

"I snapped on Ms. Griffin so she sent me to the principal." I shrugged.

Ms. Royal shook her head and laughed. "Go on in."

I walked behind the counter and entered Mr. Malcolm's office. I took a seat on the couch and grabbed some M&M's from the bowl on the table.

"What can I help you with, Tanya?" He asked without looking up at me.

"Ms. Griffin kicked me out." I said, popping the chocolate in my mouth.

He sighed and shook his head. "Did you snap on her again?"

"Yes, sir."

"I can't keep saving you, Tanya."

"I know." I nodded. "How's the family?"

I was pretty close to Mr. Malcolm since I used to babysit his twins.

"They're good." He said. "Now, go back to class."

"Fine."

I picked my bag and grabbed a few more M&M's before leaving. I said 'bye' to Ms. Royal and walked back into Ms. Griffin's class.

"Welcome back." She said.

I ignored her and went to my table. The new kid moved her bag and I sat down. I was tempted to go back to sleep but I didn't wanna hear this lady's mouth.

"Hey, you okay?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, thanks."

"I'm Carrie."