The Last Damsel in Distress on Earth

Davy ran into the pad and downstairs to his room. He laid his head on his bed and kept crying. Suddenly, Davy heard a beeping sound on his video watch. He stopped crying and pressed the "call" button.

"Hey, Bettina. It's me, Davy. I'm so sorry to say this, but all of the damsels in distress are all dead. I tried to rescue them, but your uncle killed them all with wild animals. Then, he waited until I cried in order to let me go."

Bettina said on the other line, "It's okay, Davy. Not every damsel in distress on Earth is dead."

"Really? How many damsels in distress are there left?"

"There is only one left."

"Is it you?"

"Oh, no. I have my guards. The last damsel in distress on Earth is the one and only Sarah Mullins."

"What?!!" Davy was shocked. "Sarah is the last damsel in distress on Earth? You must be joking! That can't be. She isn't in some kind of danger, is she?"

"Oh, no, but she will be soon. My uncle Otto plans to destroy her soon. So, you must warn her about this."

"Yes, your majesty. I will tell her as soon as I can."

"Good. I must go now. I bid you good night."

"Good night, Bettina." said Davy as he hung up.

When Davy got ready for bed, he saw four ghost girls looking straight at him as he got into bed. They were the same dead girls that Davy tried to rescue: the Latina girl, the girl from Kenya, the Indian girl, and the Vietnamese girl. The Latina girl introduced herself as Rosa Lopez. The African girl introduced herself as Nyota Usiku. The Indian girl introduced herself as Sapna Gupta. The Vietnamese girl introduced herself as Lan Dang.

"We greatly thank you for trying to help us. Those lionesses were too strong for me." said Nyota as she did a little curtsy.

"I wasn't brave enough to face that ferocious tiger." said Sapna.

"That crocodile had some very sharp teeth." said Lan, wiping her brow.

"So did that great white shark." said Rosa, rubbing a shark bite on her neck.

"I thought you girls were dead." said Davy with a confused look on his face.

"Of course we're dead." said Nyota with a chuckle. "The queen of Harmonica sent us to guide you through your journey of restoring peace and love on Earth."

"In order to do that," said Rosa, "you must protect your amor from the bad guys."

"They are the mean old archduke Otto, the cunning Sigmund, and the wicked Madame Montpierre." said Sapna.

"Those wicked people are planning to spread eternal misery and sorrow to this entire planet." said Lan.

"If you don't stop this evil from happening, everyone will be sad forever, including you." said Nyota.

"You must help us." cried Sapna as she held Davy's hands.

"Of course, I will." said Davy. "I am Davy Jones, for crying out loud."

"We bid you good night." said Nyota with a curtsy.

"Buenas noches." said Rosa.

"Good luck, Mr. Jones." said Sapna.

"Farewell." said Lan.

The dead damsels disappeared into thin air. Davy waved goodbye with a single tear on his cheek and fell into another peaceful slumber.

The next night, he told Sarah what Bettina told him the night before. Sarah was shocked, and she already knew about it. Davy told her that they must protect each other from his enemies in order to restore happiness on Earth. She happily agreed to cooperate with him.