Runaway brothers and sassy fangirls

Ok guys. I just want to say that I put a lot of thought into this chapter and I REALLY hope u like it.

This is it for now. Happy reading!

   "Branch?! BraAAAnch??? BRANCHHHH!!!!!!"

The friends scoured the woods but, since it was so dark their search wasn't going as well as they had planned.

"Branch?!... please??.... come on bro you can't hide forever!" Sparkles called out.

She was getting worried. Sparkles looked around at her friends so desperately trying to help her find her sibling. She sighed at how much the others had been through. This wasn't their problem. Not their fight. Not their parents. Then she thought again: these were her friends (Well new friends anyway) and friends are always there for you know matter what. At least that's what she'd heard. The truth was Sparkles never really had a real friend before a couple days ago, when this journey started.

"He's just... gone" Guy commented. Interrupting Sparkles thoughts.

"If you were Branch where would you hide?" Popcorn asked inspecting an area under some large plants.

Butterfly was sitting on a rock. Watching everyone with disapproval. She was the kind of person who had seen every adventure movie, every rom-com in existence and a lot of over dramatic soap operas. So she knew all the sappy cliche shiz that happens with them dramatic relationships...And the progress her friends were gaining, was practically killing her.

"Ya know this would go a lot quicker if you helped" Popcorn told her.

Butterfly scoffed, "huh. Ok. Guys! Look, look...Listen up here! You keep asking yourselves 'huh I wonder where he could be hiding?', she mocked in an idiotic voice.

"Yeah, Butterfly. That's kinda what we're doing" Popcorn interrupted, irritated.

Butterfly facepalmed, "huh I wonder where he is? Maybe he went to go find Poppy ya douche!".

"Ooooooh".

"No one ever listens to me" Butterfly mumbled under her breath.

(Literally, story of my life XD)

Butterfly was right. No wonder they hadn't found Branch yet. He wasn't hiding at all!

"Well come on guys let's go!" Sparkles said enthusiastically.

The others exchanged confident nods and off they scampered into the dark.

                           🦋🍿🦋

Branch bolted through the forest towards where he last heard Poppy's cries. He didn't care if the others came after him, he couldn't give up now.

Gotta find Poppy... can't... stop.. now

   Branch was slowing down.

"Maybe it wouldn't hurt.....to stop for... just... a second" He told himself between breaths.

Branch decided to rest on a nearby log. The moonlight shone through the trees and onto Branch's face. He took a deep breath.

"Where are you Poppy?" He whispered.

A tear rolled down his cheek. But the air was cold and dried up the tear like a puddle on the hot sidewalk. Branch wiped his arm across his face and buried it in his hands.

"BRAAAANCH?!"

His head snapped up to the sound of his sister's voice.

"Sparkles?!" He stood up off the log. Branch stayed still for a second and squinted into the night. A faint light glowed in the distance and Sparkles and the rest of his friends appeared out of the dark.

"Branch!" Sparkles cried and sprinted towards her little brother. He met her halfway. Sparkles hugged her sibling tightly. She was so happy to see him, alive. Thank god. She pulled away grasping his shoulders.

"What the heck?!" She stepped back and slugged her brother in the shoulder, "don't you ever do that again!! Oh But thank the lord I thought u were dead" Sparkles hugged him some more, "but I'm still mad at you!!" Sparkles said pulling away once again.

"Make up your mind! Are ya happy to see me or not?!" Branch chuckled.
His sister smiled and they hugged once more.

The other three watched them from afar. Trying not to ruin their tender moment. Butterfly leaned over to Pop and Guy Diamond, "told ya so" She whispered. Popcorn shot a glare at Butterfly and playfully pushed her away. The girls giggled. Guy Diamond chuckled as he watched them fake wrestled around.

Sparkles and Branch reunited with the rest of the group. Popcorn and Butterfly stopped but, started laughing wildly.

"Girls please" Sparkles told them sternly. They stopped. Sparkles began to take charge again.

"Alright now that we found Branch we gotta focus on Poppy" the group nodded, "so we need to come up with a plan".

"Oh! I got one!" Branch exclaimed. Heads turned to him as he lied out his idea, "ok, first! We travel through the forest towards where we last heard Poppy of course looking for clues on the way. Then we somehow free Poppy from that garden monster thing and BOOM! Freedom!" The group stared at him. Butterfly leaned over to Popcorn again,

"Wow. He misses her so much he's even talking like her" She whispered.

"I heard that" Branch said, "do I really?!" He asked the group.

"Weeeeeellll..." Sparkles started.

"Whatever" Branch pushed the thought aside, "come let's keep moving" he said coxing the group on.