Butterfly's Plan

Teamwork and rickety old logs (continued...)

Poppy looked over Butterfly's plan once again before doing anything. When she was sure what she was doing, stuffed the paper back in her hair and continued.

Following the diagram, Poppy used her hair to climb into a nearby tree. From there she could see the log Popcorn was trapped in much better.

Then, still following the plan, Poppy shot her hair out and wrapped it tightly around the log. The log shifted and Popcorn let out a small squeal. Poppy adjusted her grip. When her Hold was steady, she slowly started to lift the log, careful not to endanger Popcorn.

The others watched intensely as Poppy took a deep breath and hauled the log up.

"Please be careful!" Branch called.

"Shhhhhhh!!!" The others yelled back.

Poppy shot him a glare and continued.

About halfway, the log began to almost quiver.

"Popcorn, it's ok. I almost got it" Poppy said.

Silence, "that's not me Poppy" Popcorn answered.

SNAP!

Poppy glanced down towards the canyon. The log was beginning to break.

"Poppy?...What's goiNG ON?!!" Popcorn called.

"Ok Popcorn, please, don't freak out-"

"POPPY?!"

"Don't worry Popcorn. Please, calm down".

Poppy gasped for air and quickly pulled the log the rest of the way up.

"Hey guys" Poppy called, "I'm...really...open...to suggestions right now" Poppy said between breaths.

"Poppy! Use the plan #3" Butterfly called back.

Poppy nodded and jumped off the tree branch.

"POPPY!" Branch screamed, running forward, but stopped.

Poppy had landed safely on the ground and the log... secure, in the tree.

"Poppy!" Branch rushed towards her and wrapped her in a hug. He pulled away, "Are you ok? Are you hurt?".

"I'm fine, Branch. But I'm not the one we should be worrying about".

Poppy looked up into the tree, "You ok Pop?".

"Poppy what the heck did you do???".

The group let out a long sigh. Popcorn was safe.

Welp there's a new chapter. Damn it feels good to write again!

Now I can't decide weather the next chapter should continue this scene some more or I should skip to something different.

PixieFanfiction  I know u really want me to get to the part with ur character, but I'm just not there yet.

Anyway, leave a comment with what u wanna happen. ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️