Part 2: white lies

ZACHS POV
I wake up and I see it's still dark out. I turn over to check the time ,"4:53". I tried going to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I saw jack. Yeah, there's no way I'm going back to sleep. I finally give up on sleep and get up. As I walk in to he restroom I hear some ruffling in the living room. When I get out I walk down stairs and see jack sitting on the couch, looking at his phone. As I finish going down the stairs jack realizes my presence and looks up.
"What are you doing up?" He asks.
"I could ask you the same question" I reply.
"I couldn't go back to sleep" he responds.
"Me neither"
"Wanna go to the park?" He asks.
"Right now??" I responded a bit confused.
"Yeah. Why not?"
"Sure. Why not." Me repeat his previous words.
We walk out of the house and head down to the nearest park. Luckily there's one at the end of the street. As we're getting to the park jack turns to me and says "you're it" before running off somewhere towards the playground. He's like a child, but it's kinda adorable. Ok I know what you are wondering. Yes. I've had a crush on jack for a while now but I can't tell him. I can't risk ruining our friendship. With a big smile on my face I start running after jack. I look around but I don't see anything. Until I see someone's curly hair peeking through the tubes little window in the baby's playground. I slowly and quietly walk towards the tube and from the other end tap him on the shoulder "you're it" I say repeating his words. I run into the "big kids" playground and run all the way to the top of the tower. I sit down and peer out the little crack to my side watching jack as he attempts to search for me. I see him start to walk up the stairs so I go down the slide waiting for his next move. I don't see him anymore until I hear someone say "got you". It startles me so I jump, hitting my head at the top of the slide.
"Oh are you ok? I didn't mean to scared you" he asks with a concerned look on his face.
I just nod while laughing and rubbing my head, "Yeah I think I'm fine. I might get a bump but it's whatever" I say in a sarcastic tone.
We stay there for a bit as we just talk about nothing in particular.
"So.. anything interesting in your life? Or anyone?" I genuinely ask.

JACKS POV
ah crap. We were having such a good time and he just had to ask. Tbh I don't really know how I feel about him. I don't think I like him. But there's definitely something there. Do I tell him.
"No nothing/ no one interesting at all. I mean you live with me. I'm pretty sure you would know if there was" I lied. But I mean. It's just a white lie right. Nothing too bad with that. "What about you, anything/one interesting recently?"
Nope. My life's pretty boring recently" he replies.
"Oh ok"
I made a bold decision and I laid down on his lap while pulling out my phone and scrolling from twitter. He doesn't say anything as he puts his hand on my head and starts playing with my curls. I immediately relax under his touch. After a while the sun starts to rise and we watch it. The view was quite beautiful I may add. Zach later said
"We should probably start heading back", in response I get up off of his lap and I extend my hand to help him get up. But as he gets up he doesn't let go of my hand. I look back at our hands then at him. He's just looking forward as he began walking home. I look away so he doesn't notice the pink tint to my cheeks. We get to the front of our house and he then let's go of my hand. I mentally whimper at the loss of contact.
"Where were you guys" I hear a voice from the living room that sounds like Daniel.
"We were just at the park" zach responds.
"At 7:45 in the morning?" Daniel says but sounds almost like a question.
"No... at 5 in the morning"I respond.
"What are you guys doing at the park at 5 in the morning??!" Daniel says in a concerning tone.
"We both couldn't sleep so he went out. Sorry mom" zach said with a sarcastic tone at the end part. Daniel just rolls his eye in response. We walked into my bedroom as I put my phone to charge and go back downstairs. I see Jonah and corbyn in the kitchen and the both look at me at the same time
"Morning" they say at the same time.
"Good morning" I respond.
Later on we all decided to watch a movie. None of us like scary movies so the only logical choice is a scary movie. Jonah puts IT on. We all get comfortable, me and Zach on one couch and Daniel corbyn and Jonah on the other, and as soon a the first jump scare happens zach cuddled into my side and pressed his head onto my chest. I smile down at the younger boy But he doesn't notice. He's too busy getting scared at the movie. By the time the movie ends corbyn is asleep on top of Daniel and Jonah is laying on Daniels lap (so corbyn is on one side and Jonah's head is on Daniels lap) asleep as well. I feel a soft breath on my neck as I look down I see a tired zach asleep on me as well. I mentally squeal at his cuteness then turn of the tv with the remote. I wrap my arms around zach as I drift off to sleep thinking about what a wonderful day it was.
Yeah. I'm definitely screwed. But I can enjoy it while it lasts, right?

———————————————————————————————
Yay second part. I don't know when I'm going to update next so we'll see. Probably this weekend. Anyway. I hope you enjoyed part two. Idk if I should continue the long chapters or not. Well see my mood. But yeah. Thanks for reading. Byeeeeeeeee

Word count: 1050