Chapter 13

- THE NEXT MORNING -

I left for the dance studio early, too many thoughts were playing on my mind to sleep. I let myself into the room allocated for the tour rehearsals, switching on the lights as i went in. I dropped my hoodie and gym bag on the floor, plugging my ipod into the speakers to play some music. I tapped play on the song 'Forever' by Chris Brown and turned the volume right up.

I placed myself infront of the mirror, staring at my tired, tensed body in the clear reflection. I let the music feel me, rolling my eyes shut as i moved. I concentrated - swinging my body, doing the moves the dancers had been teaching me over the week we had been working together.

I felt the lyrics, relentlessly trying to force all thoughts and worries out of my pained head. I pushed my body harder, twisting and turning across the floor. I swung my hair, rolling my hips to the side as i danced. I kept pushing myself, vigorously giving it my all. I murmured along to the words, small beads of sweat forming on my head as the song changed.

I felt like everything was building up ontop of me - i was so het up.

My foot suddenly got tangled arond the other, and i went tumbling to the floor. I landed on my hands, my knees painfully hitting the floor with a bang. The tears suddenly started flowing from my eyes.

I brought my legs up to my chest, letting my head drop as i wept. My whole body shaking.

Fredo's words were ringing in my ears. 'How do you think Justin feels Ri?' 'You guys broke up, what- less than a week ago?' 'Don't you at least owe him some respect and loyalty, instead of flirting with the first guy that comes along?!'

My heart was pounding as i thought about it for the millionth time since it had left his mouth. I knew what it looked like - but it wasn't that at all. I had not flirted with those guys one bit, i wasn't even interested. Of course my heart was still latched onto Justin - and i'd began to realize i couldn't forget him even if i tried. To flirt with another guy would feel like cheating on him. We were over but we weren't over. Whenever i imagined the future i still imagined him in it.

So this meant i was worried. I didn't want him to think i was moving on. I needed him to know that i was still loyal to him and that i loved him and would continue to love him dispite our current situation.

-

I weakly crawled over to the wall, where my bag was slung, brushing my long red hair out of my face. I leant my back against one of the mirrors, digging around in my gym-bag for my phone. I found it. I pulled it out and immediately set eyes on a tweet notification.

From Justin.

@justinbieber: it hurts baby, why are you doing this?

I leaned closed my eyes, gripping the phone tightly inbetween my fingers as i wept. Justin's song 'That Should Be Me' was playing on the ipod. So fitting - yet it so wasn't. I had not, and certainly was not goint to replace him.

I licked my lips and decided on something: i had to message him. Say at least the minimum that needed to be said. The thought of him thinking i'd moved on hurt me, i had to make sure he knew i loved him despite the fact we had split.

My fingers stabbed at the keyboard inbetween pauses, wording and rewording the message over and over until i got exactly what i needed to say.

In the end i decided on this:

ARIANA - I dont know what you've seen or heard but i would never flirt with those guys like those pictures and articles might 'show'. Despite breaking up, i am and remain to be, loyal to you.