Chapter 24

Damien and Lauren chatted happily as they styled me ready for the show, tastefully applying make-up to my face and curling my hair into a high pony-tail as they gossiped.

"But seriously her make-up was on point."

"Beyonce's make-up is ALWAYS on point." Damien pointed out.

I quietly stared at myself in the mirror. Lauren tilted my chin up with her for-finger, narrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Babe?" She frowned. "What's up with you tonight?"

"Nothing." I murmured.

"Nerves or something?"

"Yeah.." I lied. "Something like that."

"You're never usually this nervous." Damien said with suspicion.

"Well.. it's a tour isn't it." I made up. I let out a breath of air from my mouth, feeling it softly hit my nostrils. "I'm fine, okay? Leave me alone."

I caught them giving each other the eye.

"Alrighty then Ri."

Max - who was stood just outside my dressing room - opened the door, peaking the top half of his muscular body in.

"Uh Kezia's here to see you Ri." He said.

I sighed, reaching a hand tiredly to rub my forehead but Lauren smacked it away.

"Make-up." She reminded. I flickered my eyes up at her then back at Max.

Before i could say anything, Kezia had slid into the room, a sheepish look on her face. She hovered just inside the room, studying me for a second.

"Uh, hi." She said.

I cocked an eyebrow at her. "What's up?"

Max nodded at us before closing the door and returning back outside. I fidgeted in my chair, focusing my eyes on Lauren who was applying blusher to my cheeks.

"Come on, you don't seriously believe what Madison said earlier, do you?"

"Not right now Kez." I sighed.

"She is a class-A bitch." Damien pointed out. "Madison i mean."

"I'd rather not talk about that right now." I sighed. "I have a lot on my mind."

"I don't get why you're so pissed at me, i was just having a laugh. She got what she desserved-"

"KEZIA ENOUGH." I yelled, startling everyone in the room. They all stared at me for a moment before Lauren and Damien raised their eyebrows and continued working.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Kezia scrunched one side of her afro-like hair with her hand. "No i'm sorry girl. I shouldn't have-"

"I'm not mad at you, okay?" I said. "Just please, for my sake stop fighting with her. I can't deal with this right now."

Kezia narrowed her eyes slightly but she nodded.

Lauren applied a final lick of gloss to my lips then tapped my shoulders, shooting me a curious face. "You're done." She said.

"Thanks."

"Just please, nothing vigorous to make your curls drop out before the show."

"And don't let make your make-up smudge." Lauren warned.

"Don't worry, Bieber's not here." Kezia joked.

Just the mention of his name got my heart racing again.