Chapter 12

I lay on the couch, staring up at the ceiling as i stroked a sleepy Coco, who was laid asleep on my chest. I felt something hit my head.

"Yo, crazy." Fredo called from the opposite couch. I tilted my head to look at him. "You doing okay?"

I found the jelly-baby he had thrown at me and popped it in my mouth. "Yeah, i'm fine." I said.

"You sure?"

"Apart from being 'crazy'," i mocked, cracking a smile "Yeah."

Alfredo laughed. "You've been laid like that for ages. You looked like you were in some sort of trance or something."

"Just thinking." I murmured. I brushed my hair behind my ear as i lost myself in thought again.

I was thinking about Justin - as i had been all day. I was worried. What if Justin was hurt or something? Twist was a tough person - i was scared they had fought and Justin had gotten hurt really bad or something? I was dying to know he was okay.

I forced myself to sit up, re-adjusting Coco so she was back comfortable in my lap.

"Justin called earlier." Fredo said capturing my attention again.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He nodded. His eyes softened. "He's hurting Ri."

"And you think i'm not?" I replied rather harshly. He nibbled on his lip as i sighed. "Sorry i-"

"It's okay. I get it."

I looked down at Coco, gazing at her as she fondly licked my hands with her little tounge. Her small tail wagging with excitement.

"He fought with Twist." Fredo told me, speaking up again. I let my emotions show.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine, but Twist is gone for good. Justin is done with him."

I half-scoffed, half-laughed. I didn't know how to feel.

I focused my attention out of the window, staring out down the drive to where the gate was. Another jelly-baby hit me.

"Would you stop that?" I sighed. I moved Coco and got up from the couch.

"Aw Ri, come on. I was joking around with you."

"I know, im just not really in the mood." I replied. "I'm going to get ready."

He followed me out of the room. "For what?"

"I'm going out tonight. With Kezia. She invited me for a girls night and i've decided im going to go."

I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink, with Fredo following me.

"Ummm, is that such a good idea Ri? Remember what happened last time?"

"That won't happen again. Someone there was out to get me and i promise i'll be careful."

He took out his phone. "I think you should call Scooter first."

My uncle had flown to Miami early that morning, with Carin, to watch Cody perform at some award show thing. And they were staying there overnight before he was probably going back to Cali to help Justin with the new album.

"Jeez Fredo, when did you turn into such an adult?!"

"Im just looking out for you!" He protested. "Look, if you go out clubbing tonight you'll just get bombarded by paps and cameras. You don't need this right now. More bad press is the last thing you need Ri."

"More bad press? Are you kidding me?! I havent done anything Fredo!" I argued. I scoffed and walked over to the sink to empty my glass.

He sighed, watching me with worry. He shook his head then pressed something on his phone, bringing it up to his ear.