Chapter 11 - The Past

Sorry this update took me a while. It's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, or at least for me considering I typed up about three different versions. I don't even remember what happens and what I deleted. 🙃

Hope you guys enjoy!

-

"I'm sorry, Yoongi-hyung."

Jeongguk stood in the doorway to Yoongi's apartment, looking down at the ground and twisting his fingers around like a little child being scolded. His nose was red from the cold outside and his face looked pale in comparison. He refused to meet Yoongi's eyes for fear of seeing the older decline his apology.

But Yoongi just watched Jeongguk, confused. Needless to say, he knew what the boy was apologising for, he just wasn't really sure of the correct response.

"Okay"? But it wasn't okay. "Don't worry about it"? But there was quite a lot for Yoongi to worry about. "I don't want to hear your apology, just leave me alone"? But nothing could have made Yoongi happier than to know that his precious Jeongguk cared enough about him to actually apologise.

So he stayed silent. A moment passed. And then another.

Finally, Jeongguk said, "I understand that you probably don't want to speak to me after what I did." He paused. More silence. "Only, I would really prefer if you did say something, hyung."

This forced Yoongi to crack a smile. "I shouldn't have to say anything if I want to just hear your apology."

Jeongguk sighed, "Yes, I'm really, really sorry, hyung. I forced you into something you clearly didn't want to do. You only did it because you didn't want to hurt me ... but instead I hurt you."

"You shouldn't have to apologise, Jeongguk," Yoongi cut him off. His response surprised the younger as he finally looked up from the ground, which - seconds ago - seemed to be the most interesting thing in all of existence, his eyes wide.

"What do you mean? I fucked up."

Yoongi sent him a glare. "Jeongguk-ah, let's not forget that I am your teacher," Yoongi commented with a frown. Jeongguk returned a cheeky grin. "But honestly," the elder continued as his face fell. "I shouldn't have let that happen. I'm supposed to responsible for you-"

"Yes, you should have found a way to stop me. Honestly, hyung," Jeongguk joked, smiling again in the adorable way that he did. Only, Yoongi didn't seem to get the joke.

"Yes," he said. "That's why I decided that I will leave my position as a teacher."

Jeongguk couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hyung, what did you just say?"

"You heard me, Jeongguk. If I can't stop myself from silly actions like that, then I don't deserve to teacher. I'm not a very good influence." Yoongi was about to close the door, but Jeongguk's strong hand caught it before he could be locked out. "Jeongguk, what are-"

"Yoongi!" Jeongguk interrupted him. "You can't just leave me! Don't you remember everything you helped me with? Everything we've been through? I need you, hyung."

Yoongi felt Jeongguk's words sting at his chest, but he knew that the boy's words tended to sound sweeter than they were; he didn't always mean what he said.

"Jeongguk," Yoongi begged as he tried to free the door of the younger's grip. "Please, don't make this harder than it needs to be. You don't need me."

"Yes, I do need you." Jeongguk pulled the door further open as he walked into the apartment. "The dream Jimin and I shared was the only reason for me to live and, after Jimin's accident, I thought I'd lost everything. Hyung, you helped me and Jimin. I can't-"