Chapter 13 - Protecting You

Okay, so ... some swearing to come but I ****ed it all out. I don't know if this is a good chapter, but it is necessary for the development of my primary couple.

Hope you enjoy! Here goes nothing. (There are a few GOT7 references, but I'm not going to go into them - at least not in this fanfic - unless you guys want me to that is.)

-

It didn't take long for streaks of blood and purple bruises to develop on the faces of both men.

This wasn't Jimin's first fight and, sometimes, he thought that he was more capable of using his fists than his words - especially when he was angry. The guy standing opposite him had more bruises, his breaths were heavy, and his eyebrows were furrowed, but he laughed.

"You think you can take me down from your current position? Oh, you crack me up!" He bent down towards Jimin, reaching for his neck, but Jimin was faster. His small hand formed a fist and connected with the younger boy's nose with all the strength he had in his chest.

"You little — do you want to f***ing die?!" He yelled out in pain.

Some of the guy's friends shuffled closer, they seemed to be asking for permission to help. "Stay away, you morons! I can handle this little brat myself!" He kicked the wheel of Jimin's wheelchair, sending it toppling sideways. Jimin's elbows burned as they connected with the concrete. He used his arms to drag himself further away from the taller boy, causing more painful friction.

"Ha! Trying to run away now!" The guy laughed, a manic smile broke through again.

He threw himself at Jimin, pinning the older boy against the ground with nowhere to run. Jimin could feel the prior's breath on his skin.

Disgusting.

His fingers caught a firm grip of the taller boy's hair, the latter clenched his teeth at the pain. Jimin pulled the boy's head to the side and down onto the ground with as much force as he could muster. Unfortunately, the guy stopped his face from hitting the concrete, but his low position gave Jimin the opportunity to drag himself on top of the guy and pin his arms to the ground. Anger and energy were buzzing through Jimin in a chaotic mix, his nails dig into the taller guy's skin to prevent him from moving.

"Little bi—!" He started to curse at Jimin, but the latter hit the underside of the guy's jaw causing him to slam it shut and bite his tongue in the process.

"Hey! Get the f*** off him!"

Jimin turned around to see the guy's friends approaching him.

"Well, f*ck." Jimin thought to himself.

Tae sat on the gentle, grassy slope that led down to a narrow road. No cars drove past him, but the aggressive wind was there in their place.

It was cold, but the sun that shone down on him made this day seem exceptionally good. And why wouldn't it be? Tae spent all morning texting Jimin, he wasn't really bothering with any school work (because who would when love was in the air), and he had spent all day outside.

Tae picked at the tiny flowers he found and smiled to himself.